10 - Illusion... Or Not [2]

Yumegasaki Fiore, 15 years old! ・:*+.(*^▽^*).:+ Favourite color is lush green, hobby is watching anime and reading novels! Man, I just can't get enough of those exhilarating action scenes alongside heart-pounding romance!! Recently, I enjoy café-hopping, though my best friend, Renka, can't accompany me often because she eats so much in one sitting that she's always broke until the next pay day (Θ︹Θ)ს. Oh, speaking of cafés, I must say, the one run by the Endou siblin—

What? You didn't ask? You don't care? Fine, fine. (。>﹏<。)ノ゙What an impatient one! There was only about 10 more pages of self-introduction to go. Don't you know the first draft was 50 pages? Sigh~ I guess I'll cut straight to the point. Alright, bear with me for one last bit! *+ ೕ(˃̵ᴗ˂̵ ๑)

The Quirk of this super lovable, delightful, adorable, charming, sweet, stunning... hmm... what other adjectives are there? Oh well! Anyway, my Quirk is!! TA-DAH~ Dream Weaving.

What, that reminds you of a certain ?

That's just your i.ma.gi.na.tion~!

※※※

"Is this a dream you made?"

Renka has her hands on her hips as she glares at Fiore. Unfortunately, her short height paired with those soft cheeks that still has baby fat in them makes her as threatening as a squirrel. A wistful smile spreads on the pink-haired girl's face.

"Yes... and no. I made the dream, but the contents of the dream aren't made by me."

"???"

Ignoring the confusion of her best friend, Fiore snaps her fingers. As Sir Bright Flash of Light brandishes his might, the surroundings change to that of a strangely empty urban environment. The two girls are standing a short distance away from All Might, who seem to be anticipating something... or someone... as he waits in front of the exit. Fiore admires the top hero for a bit before turning to Renka.

"(。•́︿•̀。) You see, your body is still sleeping now because you overused your Quirk... After hearing about it from Touko-san, I came to visit you! ✧٩(ˊ?ˋ*)و"

"As expected," Renka nods. This isn't the first time she experienced the drawback of her Quirk. Over the years, she managed to lower the energy consumption and learned to discern when she's overdone it. However, she may still end up in such a sorry state when she doesn't pay enough attention or care. "How... long has it been?"

"( ' ▽ ' )ノ Not to worry! It's only been a little over a day. You lost consciousness in school yesterday, so it's about 33 hours since? The second day of school is over already."

"33 hours..."

Having experienced death and two lives, there are very few things she's afraid of. One of which is having the body fall unconscious yet maintaining a conscious mind. There was a time when the Quirk overuse caused her to land in a coma. And maybe because her soul is incompatible with the body, maybe because Renka's body is rejecting her, or maybe because the world itself is casting away an irrational existence like her... at any rate, each time she falls into a prolonged state of unconsciousness, she finds herself within a cold, perpetual darkness as though her soul separated from the body.

No light. No sound. No one. All by her lonesome, in a terrifyingly still space that gives no indication of the passing of time. Her mind could neither sleep nor wake. Back then, had Fiore not used her Quirk to weave dreams of bizarre adventures for Renka and alleviate some of the loneliness, she might have gone mad.