Acting

Himika was always bad at acting.

In fact, she was terrible at acting,

But now, everything she did was acting. She pretended to not care about the village and her friends. And now she has to pretend to be a servent of Orochimaru.

Isn't her life great?

Himika kept her cloak tightly pressed against her body, desperately trying to not show her face. She ran across the partially destroyed rooftops and watched as Orochimaru's snakes crushed the village house by house. She tried to push away her feelings for her old home, but couldn't help the single tear that trickled from her left eye.

'Why do I still feel bad?' Himika wondered as she hoped over a crushed house's remains.

She continued her sprint back to the arena and joined Kaneki in keeping people away from a strange purple cube.

"What is that thing?" Himika asked, glancing at the huge purple cube.

"It's like a barrier jutsu, keeps others out and your opponent in." Kaneki answered.

"Who is in there?" Himika inquired.

"Orochimaru and the Hokage." Kaneki replied, also glancing back at the cube.

Himika couldn't help but feel worried about the Hokage, truly believing that he didn't deserve to die.

"Are you ready to leave?" Kaneki asked, changing the subject.

"Yes, I have everything in my bag." She answered, pointing to the bag under her cloak.

"Good, be ready to leave when Kabuto and Orochimaru say." Kaneki ordered.

The two continued to stand guard in front of the cube, watching out for anyone who might attack. Himika didn't realise it, but her kagune was still out and only made her look more threatening. Kaneki brought out his own kagune, and no one bothered them.

Himika tapped her foot impatiently, wishing to just leave already. Kaneki could tell she was getting agitated and silently hoped it would be over soon. His wish was granted when Orochimaru let out a wail of pain. The barrier broke and Kabuto, Kaneki and Himika were at his side.

Orochimaru's arms were a dark purple colour, they hung limply by his sides as he cried out in pain.

"You won for now old man..." Orochimaru snarled.

The Hokage, who laid there dieing, simply smiled and accepted his fate. He took a few shaky breaths before his breathing gradually came to a stop and he slowly shut his eyes.

Kaneki used his Kagune to cradle Orochimaru as they hopped away from the village into the forest. Orochimaru stayed silent and stared down at his arms, which were now rendered useless.

Kabuto lead the way to what Himika assumed was a new hideout, keeping a slightly fast pace to get there before dark.

Eventually the sun began to set and a larger boulder came into view, a small piece of paper attached to the front. Kabuto made a series of hand signs before pressing his hand to the boulder. The rock became transparent and allowed the four of them to walk into the musty hideout.

The hallways were dark, but with Himika and Kaneki's vision, it was like wearing night vision goggles.

"Kaneki please bring Orochimaru to my lab, I'm going to examine his arms. After that you can show Himika her room." Kabuto ordered.

"Hai." He replied, following Kabuto down the hall with Orochimaru still being held in his kagune and Himika trailing behind them.

They walked through the dark halls until they stopped in front of a tall metal door. Kabuto turned the handle and pushed the door opened. Kaneki walked in and placed Orochimaru down gently on the metal table.

"Arigato Kaneki, you are dismissed." Kabuto said, starting to gather his tools.

Kaneki left Kabuto's lab and shut the door behind him, Himika following him as he walked towards what was going to be her new room.

Kaneki stopped in front of a smaller oak door and twisted the handle before shoving the door open.

"This is your room, my room is the one on the right of yours. Feel free to knock if you need anything." Kaneki said before walking away to rest in his room.

Himika shut her door once Kaneki left and sighed as she examined her new room. It had stone walls, floors and ceilings, an old oak dresser with three drawers, a single bed with white sheets and another small oak door which lead to a bathroom with a shower, sink and toilet.

Himika sat on her bed and threw off her cloak, letting it flutter the ground as she let out a long sigh.

"Guess I should unpack..." She mumbled to herself.

Himika got off her bed and placed down her backpack, pulling out her clothes and stuffing them into drawers of her dresser. She finished unpacking her clothes and pulled out a picture of her team, team seven.

Sasuke stood on the right, glaring at Naruto who stood on the left glaring back at him. Sakura stood in the middle next to Sasuke with a huge grin, Himika stood next to Sakura beside Naruto with her usual blank look. Kakashi-sensei stood in the back, attempting to keep the peace (like that ever worked).

Himika placed the photo down on her dresser and headed to the bathroom, deciding that a hot shower would be good for her.

She began running the water, sticking her gloveless hand under the water to check the temperature. While she waited for the water to warm up, she began undoing her hair and taking off her clothes. Once she took off her headband she placed to the side with a sigh, hearing the small metallic clank it made when she set it down. Himika put two white towels out on the counter before stepping into the shower. She lathered the soap onto her body and into her hair as she let the water rinse all the soap away. She stood still in the shower for a few minutes, just enjoying the warmth until she shut off the shower and stepped out. She wrapped a towel around her and another for her hair. She dried herself off fully before getting dressed again, this time not putting her headband back onto her arm. She walked back to her dresser and opened the top drawer, putting it at the bottom of the drawer. She flopped onto her bed before closing her eyes for a nap.

"I don't deserve to wear that headband anymore..." Himika mumbled to herself before drifting off to a dreamless sleep.