Basic Explanation

Hello dear reader(s). I am Theta, the writer of this book. Though I do not need to explain, I just felt lime saying that. Anyways, in this guide I will introduce to the complex and simple universe that is the Omegaverse! So sit back, get comfy, and enjoy!

What is it?

The Omegaverse is an alternate universe following the hierarchy of wolves. That is to say, the alpha, beta, and omega. This system is what also gives it the name "omegaverse" as well as the short term A/B/O. Commonly, in fics with this universe, you see these three types. But some exclude the beta and this results in the A/O universe arc. As well as excluding this type, it can include it and many other types of ranks such as the delta, gamma, and sigma

What does A/B/O types mean?

As explained above, A/B/O stands for alpha, beta, and omega. But you may be wondering what they really do don't you? Well then let me explain the common three, as well as the additional three. To get one thing straight, all the types can have scent glands, more on that later.

Alphas

Alpha's are the highest rank/type in the omegaverse. They are very protective of what's theirs and can be highly aggressive. Alphas have many things that differentiate them from the other types, ranging from physical characteristics, psychological attributes, and physiology. Among one of the common traits is the knot at the base of an alphas member. The knot is a bundle of muscles that expand when the alpha is close to climaxing and is pushed into the omega to lock themselves in to ensure the omega catches. Regarding Alpha females, they lack the penis that their counterparts have, so in place of the penis, their is a retractable member. Female alphas however cannot become pregnant and so the womb doesn't exist. Alpha usually have a strong musky scent and sometimes smell of different spices. This scent can induce heats in omega or arouse them. They are always on top during reproduction.

Betas

Betas are basically your everyday human with some exceptions. One is that they have a very weak scent, they have one but their glands do not produce it as heavily as alphas or omegas. They cannot reproduce with omegas or become pregnant from alphas. Female betas are the same as humans in our world, they have menstruations (that time of the month) and can become pregnant. Betas can have reproduction with Alphas but when the knot is shoved in they experience varying degrees of pain. Their scent is also calming to omegas and alphas.

Deltas

Deltas are similar to alphas but only psychologically, that is to say they are aggressive and territorial. But in the presence of alphas, they are second on command and are the right hand man/woman of alphas. Their is usually one delta in a pack/group. Their scent isn't as strong as the alphas but not as weak as the betas. Their scents can induce heats in omegas but cannot induce ruts in alphas. Their scent is a mix of smells you find in nature to musky smells like the alpha.

Gammas

Gammas are basically betas with omega characteristics. They however lack scent glands and knots, rendering them immune to alphas, gammas, and omegas scents. They also cannot smell them unless their are give the information of an omega in heat or alpha in rut. However, they aren't similar to humans as they still have many characteristics similar to the omegas. They are submissive to Betas, Deltas, and Alphas except omegas. They however relate to omegas as they have strong maternal instincts even if they are male or female.

Omegas

Omegas are the last on our list. Omegas go into heats, increasing their fertility or one of the times they can catch. Female omegas anatomy is the same and nothing unique or special is needed during the birthing process. Males on the other hand are a bit more complicated. Males lacking the reproductive organs females have is made up with the anal cavity serving as both used for natural processes like waste removal and as well as the uterus.
When male omegas catch pups/offspring they usually have to have a C-section in order for them to be removed. However they can birth naturally but it normally doesn't seem to be the case in most omegaverse fics.
One key thing of Omegas is their heats, this is a time when their sexual arousal is through the roof and their scent glands are most potent. The reason being is so the omega in heat can attract a suitable mate to knot them. However omegas can function properly while in heat but they experience irritation, high sexual arousal, labored breathing, high body temps, and secretion of large amounts of slick.