scared

I stood in front of the Hokage as he looked over the letter. my fist clenched. this is what I wanted to avoid but no Ibiki just had to become overprotective. I turned away from the Hokage as he looked at me.

"Shizuko this is serious." The Hokage said.

"there just empty threats." I said using sign language.

"you don't believe that." He said seriously.

I crossed my arms over my chest and pouted. I rolled my eyes as I met the Hokages gaze. he was genuinely worried. I walked up to him and grabbed the note and read it again and then looked back up at the Hokage.

"I know this is serious. but we don't know where they are. it's not like I'm not afraid. I terrified but I'm not going to live my life in fear anymore. he took away the first eight years of my life. I'm not going to let him take anymore. I will continue my normal life and when he shows up then I'll deal with him." I said looking at him with confidence.

he sighed and Ibiki soon came back into and was told what was happening. I heard him growl but not protest any further. he picked me up and placed me on his shoulders before walking out. as we walked we soon came across Kakashi. I gave him a small wave from Ibiki's shoulders and Kakashi looked slightly confused. He walked up an looked up at me before looking at Ibiki.

"why is the kid on your shoulders?" Kakashi asked.

I heard Ibiki's teeth grind together as he tied to keep his cool. let's just say he was worried about me and hated the man who was threatening me with his entire being. he wasn't in the mood for small talk. Kakashi noticed this and sweatdropped.

"what's got you so tense?" Kakashi asked.

"ask the Hokage." Ibiki growled out.

Ibiki continued and I waved goodbye to a slightly shocked Kakashi. I looked down at Ibiki as he walked with no destination. I jumped off his shoulders and stood in front of him. he looked confused. I looked down and bit my lip. I guess the fear was finally sinking in. Ibiki went to speak but stopped when I wrapped my arms around his strong frame and let my tears finally flow. Thank Kami we were somewhere secluded.

I heard him sighed. he picked me up and leaned against a tree letting me rest against him. I curled up into a ball as he held me and let me sob. He comforted me as I tried to calm down. I desperately gripped onto Ibiki as memories of my time in that place flashed through my head. Ibiki hugged me and held me closer if possible.

"don't be scared Shikuko, I'll protect you." He said calmly.

I looked up at him with my red puffy eyes. He wiped my tears away and gave me a confident smile.

"you're not getting away from me that easy kid." He said with a smirk.

I cracked a small smile as I lightly punched his shoulder. I laid on his lap and felt myself drift out of reality.