cant run from my past

naruto walked into the ice mirrors and I looked at him shocked. the idiot. he smiled at us and I punched his head. he looked at me shocked while I glared at him. he mopped but soon stood up preparing to get out. we all ran in different directions however I turned around throwing sebon deflecting the sebon about to hit the others but in turn, I got hit by many. my knees went weak and I fell to the ground.

Naruto ran towards me and looked at me. My eyes widened and I went to move him out of the way as sebon came but he didn't let me and used himself as a shield. I caught him as he fell. he gave me a warm smile before standing up with determination in his eyes.

"Stay put Shizuko." Naruto said firmly.

My eyes narrowed and I hit his head as I stood up. He looked at me shocked while I glared at him. We again ran but again were hit by sebon but Sasuke seemed to be figuring something out. He got a burn on the masked men's pants.

We kept running but Naruto got hit too many times and passed out. I ran up to him and kneeled down beside him. I pulled out medical supplies. I began tending to his wounds best I could.

More sebon came at us and I acted on instincts and leaned over Naruto using a body as a shield and shut my eyes. however, the impact never came and I looked up to see Sasuke standing in front of us. He began to fall but I caught him and leaned him against my chest.

I felt tears sting my eyes but I shook them away. Now was not the time to cry. Naruto woke up shocked and he snapped. A wired chakra engulfed him.

"Shizuko stay here and look after Sasuke." He said in a dark menacing voice.

I gave a small nod and he left. I laid Sasuke on the ground and felt his neck to see he had no pulse. Sakura soon showed up crying her eyes out but I ignored her. I began cardiac compressions. I pushed against his chest praying that it would help. Sakura watched unable to move. I just kept going but slowed down knowing there was nothing I could do. I was too weak.

"what are you doing keep going." Sakura sobbed.

I soon stopped and looked down. what else could I do? I looked over when I heard the Chidori and I looked to see the young boy now without his mask dead. a lot happened but Gato and his men showed up. I watched as Zabuza fort them and ended up dying next to his partner.

I stayed near Sasuke as Sakura hugged him. I bowed my head down as I desperately held back my tears. why did this hurt so much? why does my chest hurt so much? I bit my lip as my fists clenched. I felt a single tear run down my face and splash to the ground.

"you're heavy." I head a familiar voice say.

my head shot up to see Sasuke alive. A smile came to my face as he stood up. thank kami he's alive. Sakura helped hold him up. I stood up and walked to the side of the bridge observing what happened. the day was done and we went to go back to Taazuna's house. as we walked Sasuke slowed and came to the back of the group with me and walked beside me.

I looked up at him and gave him a small smile. he brought his hand to my face and wiped a tear I didn't realise was there away. I looked away and lightly punched his shoulder. we walked side by side in silence but he was dragged to the front by Sakura.

I continued to walk and tied the bells that I took off during the battle back around my wrist. I looked at the group and smiled. I would protect those idiots with my life. they were worth protecting, in my eyes. I felt happy with them. as I thought this a bird flew down and dropped a letter into my hands before flying off. when I saw a familiar symbol on it my breath got caught in my throat. how did he know I was alive. when we got back to the house I jumped onto the roof and opened the letter.

I knew there was a chance you were alive considering we never found your body. But to think you are now a leaf ninja I must say I'm shocked. I suggest you say your goodbyes my little puppet because I'm coming for you and taking you home.

See you soon my little puppet.

I sat there frozen in fear. No this can't be happening. How did he find out? I don't wanna go back. I wanna stay in the leaf where my home is and with the people I care for. But if I stay will I put them in danger. What am I supposed to do? I guess I can't run from my past forever.