12

© Jojo B 2016

All rights including those in copyright in the content of this story are owned by Jojo B. It's Illegal to steal and/or copy.

______________________________________________________________________

*N.E.V* The Seven Deadly Simpson Brothers

12

(Picture is Ario)

Wanna meet up today?

I rubbed my eyes and read Walter's text again. It didn't change.

It was Sunday and I'd had a long sleep following a tiring shift at work the day before. There had been no gunshots nearby or nightmares last night. Checking the time, I was surprised to see that it was midday. I rarely ever slept in this late and I actually felt well rested.

Walter had sent me the message around 9am, which had me imagining what he looked like first thing in the morning, all cute and sleepy eyed. I didn't feel like doing work and I didn't think Walter particularly wanted to either, but I would still agree though, I liked seeing him.

What do you want to study? I sent back.

His reply came just five minutes later:

Do we always have to do work?
Let's just chill

    It seemed he had read my mind and knots started to grow in my stomach. Walter and I had never really just chilled before and I didn't know what to expect.

    Sure, I replied. What do you wanna do?

    When you're ready, meet me outside your place. We'll decide then.

    I felt like a stone had dropped in my stomach and then I squeaked like a little girl, happy that there was no one around to hear me. After texting Walter that I was ready a while later, it wasn't long until he texted me to say he was waiting outside me. On stepping out of the block of flats I couldn't find him anywhere.

    "Walter?" I called out in confusion, looking at the empty street.

    "Round here," I heard his voice.

    I walked the short distance to the side of the degraded building to see Walter standing on the overgrown grass with a black hoodie drawn over his head, looking up at the brick wall.

    "I didn't know we did this," he said, gazing at the graffiti.

    "Your gang sign," I said, looking at the old spray painting of the seven headed snake. "It's your territory isn't it?"

    It wasn't as big and elaborately drawn as some of the others I'd seen up around the area, but it still symbolised the Simpson gang and showed that they operated in this part of London. It was weird thinking all those things and then seeing this eighteen year old boy standing next to me as he bit on his thumbnail. He seemed so normal. I just couldn't put the two sides of Walter together.

    "Yeah," Walter rubbed his arm, looking like he wanted to say more. "Never mind."

    "Okay," I gave him a smile.

"Have you eaten?" Walter suddenly turned his attention to me.

I shook my head, "I basically just woke up."

"Not accepting that," Walter folded his arms, pretending to be angry.

"Sorry I wanted to see you, so I didn't bother having anything," I laughed.