Chapter 24

Aira's pov

I get inside V's car and plugged in my earphone. I heard Taehyung closing his car door but I didn't bother to turn my head or look at him. After what felt like years, he still didn't drive but I was so into the song I'm listening to even notice. Then, he leaned close to me making my head snapped to him, earning my attention back from my phone. He put my seatbelt in before he lifted his face up and looked at me. I blinked. Our faces were so close that I freeze in my seat. He stayed in his position for a good second before slowly moving back to his seat.

"You didn't put on your seatbelt." He said. I looked down at his lips to make out what he was saying but I didn't catch it so I just hummed.

He reversed out of the driveway and drive to school. Suddenly a sad song played in my music and I pulled my earpiece away from my ear in annoyance, putting my phone back in my pocket blazer. "V."

He turned his head to me, "Hmm?" before focusing back on the road.

I'm tired of feeling this way. Why do I love alone and get hurt alone? I want to give up on you but I couldn't. I still stay even though I'm doing everything alone. I wanted to say that. I wanted to tell him that. I wanted him to know.

"When are we going to do our project? We have-" I counted the remaining days, "6 more days to submit the project." I sighed quietly.

"Alright, tomorrow?" He said. "Okay." I replied.

We arrived at school and we both stepped inside school together. I saw Jessica coming over and I turned to Taehyung who was already smiling. She hugged him before they both walked off together. "See you later aira!" Taehyung waved at me. I just smiled and waved back.

I sighed deeply and continue my way to the classroom, alone. I was walking up the stairs when someone put their arm around my shoulder. I looked to my right to see it was Jimin. "Are you okay?" He asked. I furrowed my eyebrows at him, "Why wouldn't I be?"

He chuckled, "Yeah of course you're okay."

I smiled, "Wanna run to our classroom? Last one to arrive is a loser!" I said and took off running.

"Yah! That's cheating!" He shouted from behind me. I laughed and stuck my tongue out at him. He chuckled as he catch up with me.

I arrived first at our classroom and he arrived later. I panted. "Haha loser." I make a face at him. "No, you cheated!" He exclaimed while taking a breath. I shake my head and walked inside. I'm breathless.

I went to my seat which is at the third middle row and lay my head on my table, resting my fast heartbeat. Jimin who walked passed my table- because his seat is at the fourth row near the window- ruffled my hair before going to his table. I gave him a glare for ruining my hair.

A second later, I heard chuckles coming in the classroom. I knew exactly that it's them and I knew V is going to walk pass me too so when I heard his footsteps coming closer, I put one leg out.

He stopped immediately, "Wah, are you trying to trip me?" He said and stopped infront of my table.

"Aniyo." I giggled. Back then it was always him who did that to me and we'd get detention for arguing in the class after that.

He was about to say something but Mrs Park walked in causing the students to scatter back to their own seats. So instead, he flicked on my forehead.

"Ah." I place my hand on my forehead as I glared at him. He only giggled. Haish. And class started as usual.

School finally over! Yes. I packed up my things. "Bye aira!" Sana and Liyah said in unison. "Mm bye!" I waved at them.

After that, I went out of the classroom but someone slung their arm on my shoulder. I turned to the person, "Oh V." I smiled.

"Aira.. I'm sorry but will it be alright if I didn't drive you home today? I have to send Jessica home." He asked, almost pleading. I stopped. No V, it's never alright. Isn't it always been like this? You abandoning me.

"Again?" I said.

"I promise I'll make it up to you!" He flashed his rectangle smile while jogging ahead. I sighed and continue walking along the corridor.

I was about to step out school but it was raining. Oh no. Why did it have to rain now? Out of all time. I sighed and just put a smile on my face. It's okay. I put my bag above my head so atleast I won't get drench in the rain. Then, I run beside the street. Jogging up the stairs, walking passed trees, to my destination.

----------

Another chapter! I apologize for a boring chapter :(

E N J O Y !