Chapter 19

Taehyung's pov

When school was over, I told Jimin to meet up at the car park. I waited for him beside my car. I saw a silhouette on the ground and I looked up to see Jimin.

"Hey! So why do you want to meet up with me?" Jimin slung his arm on my shoulder with a wide smile on his face.

Of course he's happy! He's been hanging out with aira.

"What were you guys doing?" I asked a bit too quick.

"Who?" He asked.

"Who else? You and Aira!"

He looked at me in puzzlement, "What do you mean? Have you been watching us?"

I felt guilty all of a sudden and I stuttered, "I- I- I wasn't- I was passing by and I heard laughters so I went to checked."

Jimin narrowed his eyes in suspicion, "This isn't like you. You're not the type to care what other people do. Why are you asking me this question?"

I quickly defended myself, "S-stop changing the topic! Just answer my damn question."

"Well, we were just talking." He replied simply.

Who the hell talks while playing with each other?

"About what?"

"Why are you so cu-"

"Guys! Hi!" Suddenly, Aira's voice came from behind us causing Jimin to stop what he was going to say.

"Hi!" Jimin said while putting his arm on her shoulder. Too much skinship. What are you trying to do Jimin?

I glared at them subtly because of how close they were, wanting to seperate them apart.

"Let's go home." I said, my voice came out harsh. I saw Aira stared at me while pulling away from Jimin's grasp, she's probably wondering why I am like this.

"Bye guys!" Jimin waved from outside. Aira waved back and I reversed out of the drive way.

The car ride was filled with awkward silence. I kept my eyes on the road and I can sense the thick tension around the atmosphere.

She break the silence and asked, "Is something wrong? Is it about Jessica again?"

Is Jessica all you think about, Aira? If only you knew what I really felt years ago.

// FLASHBACK //

When we were in primary school, I used to have a crush on Aira. But she was my bestfriend and I was afraid to tell her my feelings because I'm afraid it'll make our friendship awkward. So as a kid, to show her my feelings, I always teased her just to see that beautiful smile on her face. But years after when we were in middle school, there was a new transfer student which was Jessica. I started to grow feelings on her and I've been trying to get her attention that I didn't realised I always abandoned Aira. Around 16, me and Jessica were already together. When we both decided to take a break with each other, that's when I started to realised what I've been missing. Just how distance my friendship with Aira had became. So to regain me and Aira's friendship back, I bullied her playfully and put her into troubles with me so I'd get to spend more time alone with her though I never showed it. But she probably think of me as an annoying jerk.

// END OF FLASHBACK //

Now here I am, already have her back by my side. I'm happy to have my best friend back. But she probably only think of me as her enemy after what I did to her.

I sighed, "No..." She only nodded, not wanting to push the question further.

**

Aira's pov

He looked stressed and confused. I want to ask what make him like this but I don't want to be a busybody either. So I just nodded. I wonder what's bothering him? Why did he look mad when Jimin put his arm around my shoulder? Suddenly, I just feel like I'm missing him. I miss his smile that always light up my day but nowadays, I don't see it anymore.

-----------------

Sorry for late update huhu! My credit finished and I have to wait days until my parents buy credit for me. Soo heeree it is! vote and leave some comments too, yeah? Thankyou! And enjoy! ❤