Story: Nineteen

Sans stared up at the burning house, tears dripping from his jaw. "Oh M... What did I do?"

He sobbed a little, then gathered himself. "... I can't remember the lyrics... heh...
Why, do the birds, go on singing. Why, do these eyes of mine cry...
Don't they know? It's the end of the world...
It ended when I lost... your love..."

He glared at the flames, then let the gasoline can and flip lighter clatter to the pavement. No evidence.

~

He let go of your hand and walked towards the woman. "Er... hi again, J.J." He smiled gingerly and held open his arms. "A hug for your Cuda?"

She stepped closer, then punched his chest. He barely moved, but you saw her shake her hand in pain as she started yelling in Spanish, like the other girl. You laughed.

The girl with the pink ribbon inched towards you, then whispered," d-do you know him?"

You nodded. "Yeah, we're dating. But..." You glanced down at her. "Are you okay sweetie?"

She shrugged, glancing around nervously. "Ah, well, erm... I guess. But it's wierd here." She shrugged again. "Um, I'm Alina."

"(Y/n)." You said gently, shaking her hand. "Why do all the girls here wear Ribbons?"

Alina touched hers. "They r-represent the color of our SOUL. They're pretty, huh?" She smiled.

You nodded. "I especially like yours. But why do you need to know?"

"Because, if our SOULS are a special color, we get sent to the under ground Convent. Everyone says it's very special to go there."

You smiled. "Oh that's-"

"But there are rumors." She said quietly. "Rumors that they're sent to die. As sacrifices." She shivered. "I don't really want to go there anymore."

You patted her shoulder. "It's alright. So, you live here with your family?"

Alina shook her head. "I was given to this place three months ago. They speak of this monster a lot." She gestured at Sans.

You looked back over at him. He was rubbing the back of his skull and smiling nervously. Probably apologizing for something.

"Look, J.J., I really didn't know-"

"I thought you were dead! You and your little girlfriend!"

"I didn't know J.J.-"

"My name is not J.J.! It's Julienna Jose!" She yelled angrily. "I am the Co. headmistress!"

"So J.J., right?" He asked playfully.

She sighed in annoyance. "Ugh. I liked M so much more. Where is the little fur ball anyways?"

Sans' face fell. "Well... she didn't make it out of the fire."

The fire? You wondered.

Julienna gasped softly, then quickly crossed herself and muttered a prayer. But you couldn't help notice that she'd crossed herself backwards, and her finger didn't make contact with her forehead.
"Oh that poor child." She whispered.

Alina cleared her throat. "Erm... I don't have a family really, and was wondering if I could write to you. And... and him." She blushed softly. "If it's not to much trouble."

You smiled at her. "Sure. Here's my address..."

~

"That went better than expected."

You glanced at him. He was smiling. You giggled. "Even though she punched you?"

"Yeah besides that. And besides the fact that a couple of the girls crossed themselves everytime I passed." He chuckled. "At least we're home."

He opened the door and gestured you inside. You giggled harder and said," such a gentleman."

"Just trying my luck, madame." He winked and closed the door behind himself.

You blushed. "You know, we haven't seen Tori in awhile."

He smiled, noticing the subject change. "No, we haven't. She and I are in a bit of an argument right now, so..." He laughed.

You smiled. "What's it about?"

"Getting her and her ex back together."

You lifted a brow. "Oh? So your suddenly the love expert?"

"Well, I got you to fall for me." He said. "Maybe I could do the same for those two."

You smiled softly. "I guess, yeah."

He smirked. "So you admit it."

You grabbed his jacket and tugged him down, then gave him a quick kiss. "I thought I'd already done that last night."

He blushed lightly and stepped past you. You followed him into the kitchen. He got a glass of water and took a sip. "So, got any plans?"

"Plans?" You asked. You frowned at the water. You'd never seen him drink it before....

"Yeah. To help me get the to goat parents back together?" He lifted his brow bones expectantly, taking a large swig.

"Oh! Erm, no, not really." You laughed nervously.

He shrugged. "Oh well. I'll go on this journey alone." He put the empty glass in the sink and yawned. "What do you wanna do for the rest of the day?"

~

He grumbled something under his breath, but you just laughed. "Hey, I warned you I was good at this game."
You lightly punched his shoulder. "Wanna go again?

He nodded. "I'll beat you this time."

Call of Duty. You'd been playing this game for a long while, and even though Sans was good at it, his hands were to jittery to actually press the correct buttons.
You started drifting into your thoughts as the next round started. Why were his hands jittery? Was it a medical condition? Was he nervous? Was it because of you? Or maybe he just-

"Hah! Gotcha, (Y/n). Told you I'd win." He frowned. "That was a short round. Did you let me win?"

"Nah," you shook your head. "That round was all yours."

He grinned happily. You smiled back. This would be a fun evening, if he kept smiling that genuinely.

~

--- o'clock pm.

You stared at his alarm clock, wondering if he even used it. Probably not, but still. It's good that he had one. You'd decided to sleep with him again, considering you slept a lot easier when you did.
You listened to his steady breath, and smiled. At least he slept peacefully, too. You'd remembered him not breathing the night before, and you wondered why he did now-

He pulled you closer, and sighed heavily. You squeaked. "Sans what're you doing?" You whispered.

"Just getting comfortable." He mumbled. "You okay with this?"

You blushed. "Yeah, I guess."

He nodded, then settled down.

You stared at the alarm clock. Slowly, behind you, his breath quieted, until he wasn't breathing at all. You smiled. It was better in here than alone in your room.
Your closed your eyes and, warmed by Sans, you drifted off to sleep.