Chapter 1

The next day, I started going researching about the Earth's past. I stopped by McDonalds to get some breakfast meal. I got my order and sat down a table. I opened my laptop and continued my research.

I wanted some iced tea, well I just wanted it now. I went over the counter and I heard some yells.

"ALFRED! QUIT EATING THE BURGERS AND TAKE ORDERS GOSH! I KNOW YOU JUST STARTED TODAY BUT YOU HAVE A HUGE CHANCE OF GETTING FIRED"

"Sheesh, no need to be so cold" the man named Alfred smiled. He walked over to the counter where I am and asked, "What may be you order, dudette"

"One iced tea please" I replied

"Sweetened or unsweetened?" He asked

"Sweetened, also... Aren't you the guy I bumped into yesterday" I ask. He smiles and nods, "yeah... Sorry about that"

"Thats it Alfred, you give the person their change and their recipt! Your fired!" The manager yelled. Alfred sighed and I felt sorry for him. After I ate, I headed to the parking lot drinking my iced tea. I saw Alfred wearing his casual clothes walking.

I really pity him. I saw him pass by an orphan who lives in the street. He gave the kid the burger he got from McDonalds, then he continued to walk. I called out to him, "ALFRED!"

He looked at me confused and I gave him a gesture to come over. He ran towards me and asked, "what, dudette? And how did you know my name?"

"How about a ride home, also I know that because your name tag earlier and the yells... Also! Im Maria" I smiled

"Oh, nice to meet ya Maria. Thanks for the offer but no thanks..." He said. I really felt like it was my fault that he got fired, so I pulled him to my car, "COME ON!"

"PLEASE LET GO OF ME, DUDETTE!"

"GO IN THE CAR OR ILL KISS YOU!"

"Sounds good to me"

"THE HECK!? JUST GET IN!" I pushed him in the car and made him seat. He just chuckled and putted on his seatbelt. I sat in the driver's seat and put on my seatbelt. I drove out of the parking lot, while he was yelling, "THIS HOT CHICK IS KIDNAPPING ME!"

"Thanks for the compliment, AND IM JUST DRIVING YOU HOME!" I yelled. Thank goodness the windows were closed.

"Where do you live?" I ask

"The apartments next to that Cafe" He said

I looked at him, "whats the name of the cafe?"

"Antique" He replied. "Thats where my siblings live" I beamed

"Oh really? Whats their names?" He asks. "Joseph, Vanessa and Joaquin" I replied

He chuckled and said, "ah, those three... Joseph flirts when my younger sisters"

I blinked and said, "sisters!?"

"Yeah, Lindsey, Mariah... But shes taken and... Some other more... But he mostly flirts with Lindsey" He chuckles

"Hey, whats your full name" I ask

He replies, "Alfred F. Jones"

I pulled up in front of Antique and froze. He has the same name as the lover of my ancestor, could he be a descendant of Maria's lover!?

"You don't happen to be... A descendant of... Alfred F. Jones in the third world war, are you?" I asked

"You know that story?" He asks "So your Maria de la Cruz's descendant huh... You look a lot like her"

"How did you know? Do you also have those photos of her from your family's attic" I laughed

"Yeah... What they said is its the pictures of the happy days of Mr. Alfred" He said removing his seatbelt.

"Well, Im a writer. Well you know something about the past... Mind if you help me?" I ask

"Yeah sure, come over at my place on Sunday... And make sure you bring your stuff like you usually do when you travel around Japan" then he left.

"Sunday then..." I mumbled to myself and drove home.