Starting Over

Philippines' POV

I was sitting in the car because I had to carpool with England. I was squishes between America and Canada in the back seat. I was still wiping my tears after the incident of America loosing his memory of me. I bit my lip as tears streamed down my face.

"Um, Dudette why are you crying? Britain who is this again?" America asked. Britain face palmed when the light was red. France frowned and looked out the window. Canada was hugging Kumajirou tight. "Bloody hell America," Britain muttered. "Her name is Philippines. Call her Piri for short. She's a good friend of your so treat her like a good friend would," England said.

"A-Actually Britain-" "Angleterre knows what he meant," France said. I faced America with his blue eyes looking confused as ever. He brought out his gloved hand with a grin on his face. "Okay then, Hello! I'm America and it's nice to meet you Philippines! I bet we'll be best buds! Even better, allies!" America exclaimed. I firmly shook his hand and wiped my tears with the other. "I'm Philippines. And we were very good friends before you lost your memory," I said with a forced smile and Britain started driving at the green light.

America grinned and looked at Canada. "Bro wanna take her to McDonald's later?" America asked his brother. Canada faced him and nodded with a soft smile on his face. "Um, sure. It's won't be a problem, eh," Canada said. I nodded and faced America. "So let's start doing what friends do! Like asking questions, what's your favorite color or what's your favorite superhero!" America exclaimed.

I folded my hands on my lap and bit my lip. "S-Sure," I said and faced America again. "Um, my favorite food is mangoes, my older brother is Spain and my younger brother is Mexico. I like to um, watch anime? I guess? My favorite color would be yellow or red and I don't have a favorite superhero," I said. America chuckled. "Cool!" America exclaimed.

I saw France in the passenger seat and he started sobbing. Of course, he would always be like this during romance disasters even in they were just movies. "Dude are you okay? Are you having a seizure or something?" America asked, tapping on France's shoulder. France just shook his head.

"I'm the Country of Love! And how could you forget your love?!" France exclaimed. Canada sighed. "He's been like this for a while. Don't you think so, eh?" Canada asked America. He sighed and nodded, slouching on his chair. "Old man France here's been acting like a dweeb since I said who I forgot," America said.

I looked down at my shoes and had multiple thoughts of America. Ever since childhood to when he left. I sighed and clenched my fists to prevent me from crying. It s a technique I use. Apparently, it's not working as tears streamed down my eyes in sadness. "Wh-Why America..?" I asked myself silently.

"Awe Piri not you, too!" America exclaimed. As soon as England parked in front of my house, I rushed out the car in sadness and ran up the large case of stairs and wrapped myself in blankets on the bed and looked around my room as I sobbed heavily.

"Philippines? Chica what happened I'm sure we can talk this through!" Spain exclaimed and knocked on my door. I left it locked as I cried and cried in sadness. I've been waiting for years for America to come back. But this is what I get. He's severely injured and he forgot about me. I saw a sticky note taped onto my wall as I soon remembered what it was.

Even though I'm not there, I'll still be your hero...

~America

I started to sob even more as my tears fell down my eyes like rain. I hugged my knees as I remembered that he gave it to me the day Canada got into his accident of his. I cried and kept hitting my head against a pillow. "Your worthless Philippines! You could have at least tried to protect America!" I exclaimed as I closed my eyes and cried.

"And now he barely remembers you.."

America's POV

"England, dude. Let me go down I need to talk to her," I said to Britain. France had clapped. "Go get your cherie (sweetheart)!" France exclaimed. England sighed and unlocked the doors. "But your walking home you git," England said as I got down from the car. "Thanks dude!" I exclaimed as they drove away.

I knocked on the door and looked down on the ground. I gulped and felt a little guilty. "Well it's not my fault that I lost my memory of her!" I yelled in my thoughts. Even so, I don't feel like the hero I should be.

The door was soon opened by Spain as he had a disappointed look on his face. "Hey, America. Do you know what happened to Philippines?" Spain asked. I remembered all that Britain, France, and Canada explained to me back in the hospital.

"Well, apparently I was in the Middle East and I was shot in the temple. Of course I'm a freaking immortal nation and that's why I'm alive. But Britain told me that the doctor told me that I was going to forget one important person in my life. It happened to be Philippines," I said with a glum expression on her face.

"Well, if it weren't for your sacrifice, Philippines wouldn't be alive," Spain said.

My eyes widened as I looked at him and raised one eyebrow. "What?" I asked. Spain nodded. "If you weren't where you were in the battlefield, Isis might have went to Philippines. They might have took her country over and then she'll be a terrorist country. But if you weren't shot on that specific day, Philippines would turn insane and basically forget you and everyone else. Worse, she might've tried to kill you," Spain said.

"So, I'm still a hero after all?" I asked. Spain nodded with a half smile on his face. "She's sobbing in her bedroom right now. She'll realize later that you protected her," Spain said. I nodded. "It's my duty as a hero!" I exclaimed. I was able to protect one of my best friends which still made me feel like a hero.

But still, he reaction made me think we were more than just friends...