I'm His Sister

Philippines' POV

We got back from mango picking early. About at 4:00 in the afternoon. Manila got heat stroke and passed out so once more we were at the hospital waiting for him to wake up. No it's 6:00 in the evening. He hasn't woke up yet.

"Dudette? You okay?" America asked as he referred to me tapping my foot anxiously waiting for Manila to wake up. I looked at America nodded. "Opo. I'm just worried that he wouldn't wake up," I said. America nodded. When I realized we were the only two in the waiting area to wait for him to wake up.

Dad still had to go to work in the afternoon, and Nanay and Tatay went to get something to eat. America looked at me in the eyes and suddenly grabbed my hand, intertwining his fingers with mine. I looked at him with a soft blush on my face. He smiled and squeezed it tight. "It'll be okay, Dudette," America whispered in my ear. "I hope so," I said in a hush voice.

When Nanay and Tatay came back, I quickly released America's hand and looked the other direction as I blushed pink. "Was there something going on while we were gone?" Nanay asked. I shook my head and faced my shoes. "I-I'm j-just..," I trailed off. "America," I whispered. He nodded.

"Yeah! We're just worried about Manila. That's it," America said quickly recovering my mistake. "The Hero just saved the day," America whispered. I giggled a little bit then quickly turned serious and nodded in agreement. "Yeah it's true, po," I said. Nanay gave an apologetic look. "We are, too, Philippines," Nanay said and handed me a chicken leg from Jolibee. My eyes widened as I shook my head.

(Anyone can relate to the moment when your grandparents always insist on you eating)

"Y-You know, if she doesn't want it I can have it," America said. I raised one eyebrow and looked at him. Nanay gave out a laugh and handed him the chicken leg. He smirked and ate it happily.

He looks so cute when he eats...

"Stop it, Piri!" I exclaimed. "Dudette? Who you talking to?" America asked with his mouth full. I shook my head. "Nothing," I said and waited anxiously for Manila to wake up. It wasn't long before the doctor came and called us in. I was trembling and got up slowly and followed the doctor to the room.

Manila was sitting on the hospital bed with a wide grin on his face. He was okay. "Ate!" He screamed out joyful. His arms were wide open so I ran up to him and hugged him tight. "You had me worried, Manila! Geez you got everyone worried!" I exclaimed and pulled away from the hug. Manila smiled.

"Even Kuya America?" Manila asked and smirked with his arms crossed. My eyes widened as I looked over at America who was just standing there with a big grin on his face. "Your sis was so worried!" America exclaimed. Manila laughed. "So you were worried Kuya America!" Manila exclaimed.

"I was even worried for your sister. That girl looked like she was going to pass out herself," America said and rested his elbow on my shoulder. My eyes widened as I blushed a little and looked at Manila so I wouldn't be lost in America Wonderland.

Manila just laughed. He was almost cracking up. "Your funny Kuya America!" Manila exclaimed. "Oh I don't get kids these days," Tatay said. I looked at him and smiled. America had put away his arm. Nanay and Tatay were in front of Manila thanking God that he was okay.

"So? Dudette? You free tonight?" America asked not too loudly so that Nanay and Tatay as well las Manila wouldn't here. I nodded. "Right after the celebration with birthday and cake," I said and shrugged. America laughed and patted my head. "You got that from me, Piri!" America exclaimed. I nodded.

It wasn't long before that friendly pat on the head turned into him running his fingers through my hair gently. I blushed and looked at him getting lost into his blue eyes. I blushed and couldn't help but smile.

Our little moment was ruined when dad came in. America quickly put his hands away and acted like nothing happened. Dad ignored it and went rushing to Manila with the face of worry. It was soon changed to relief when he saw his son with a wide grin on his face.

"I need to get some air. Probably because this room is stuffed with sighs of relief," I said and chuckled a little. "You want me to come?" America asked. I shrugged and nodded. "Sure," I said. We exited the room and walked away.

"Hola Chica," I heard a familiar Spaniard say.

I looked at the country with his arms crossed leaning against a wall. "Yo! Spain! Why are you here?" America asked and gave him a high five. Spain quickly rejected and looked at me with his green eyes.

"I came here for my little sister."

My eyes widened. America quickly laughed and put a hand on his shoulder. "Dude you have a sis? Is she a country? I wanna meet her!" America said with a wide grin on his face. I clenched my fists and grit my teeth every time the Spaniard looked at me with his eyes.

*flashback*

"...But he's also your actual brother..." Canada said slowly.

*end of flashback*

I looked at Spain and America in their conversation. "Heck yeah she's a country! In fact, she's right here!" Spain exclaimed. America cheered. "Come on dude, where is she? Is that her?" America asked pointing at a lady in the waiting area. I shook my head as soon as America had faced me.

"I-I'm his sister...," I said slowly. America's eyes widened as he looked at Spain. A smirk appeared on his face as he nodded with his arms crossed.

"That's right Chica!" Spain exclaimed happily.