Happy Birthday

Philippine's POV

"Happy birthday ate!" Manila exclaimed with a breakfast tray in his hands. "Thanks, Manila," I said and I put the tray on my lap. I took a sip from my orange juice. "Tatay and Nanay are going to take us mango picking today," Manila said. I've been waiting to actually have some bonding time with my grandparents. That and I missed the fresh taste of mangoes as I sipped on my store-bought mango juice. "Kuya America's coming," Manila said and I spit out the mango juice.

"W-What? I thought he was grounded!" I said and wiped my mom with my arm. "That's what he told me ate but he said something like this, ahem," Manila said clearing his throat.

"Dude, can you tell your sis Piri that I'll be there for her birthday. The HERO never misses his best friend's birthday!" Manila said in his best American accent. I laughed a little bit at Manila's attempt.

"If he wants to go, he can go," I said and Manila cheered. He liked America because he wasn't one of those people who treated Manila like a little kid like Italy and Romano. "Get dressed ate Nanay and Tatay are downstairs. They're waiting!" Manila said and went out of my room. I sighed and looked at the note from America on my wall.

I took a shower and wore a red bonnet because of the sun on my head with a long red skirt and a white shirt with a red jacket on my right shoulder just incase. I put my hair in a side braid and wore my brown slippers. I got my basket that I weaved myself. Then I walked out of the room and saw my grandparents.

They were my grandparents related to me by blood. They weren't related to my foster brother and dad. But I think of them as my real family. Since I don't remember much about my real parents, I could just ask my grandparents. I didn't know why I didn't think of that sooner. Maybe I didn't want to dwell on my past life and stick with the present. But honestly, now I'm curious.

"A nice, young fella came. He's outside," grandpa said. I nodded guessing it was America. "Yo! Dudette! Just let me in!" I heard America say outside. I sighed opening the door. All of a sudden I saw flowers in his hand and he ran up and hugged me.

"Happy birthday, Piri!" America said sounding really happy. "T-Thanks but it's sort of hard to breath now that you think about it...," I said and felt myself turning blue. Soon enough he let go of me and I sighed in relief.

"Maybe we should let you hang out with this young man first. You know, they're usually ripe in the afternoon," grandma said. I nodded and looked at America for a second. "We better not be going to McDonalds again," I muttered, giggling. "Come on, dudette it's your birthday I'm not going to go anywhere you don't like!" America said.

"Thanks," I said when he grabbed my hand and bursted out the door. "H-Hey but where are we going?!" I yelled as I got in his car. He just laughed and turned on the engine. "You'll see," America said.

A few minutes later we were at Austria's mansion. All of the people were there from my school. I wonder if England was there. I even saw Italy cleaning the front porch wearing a dress and had a broom in his hand. He looked at America and waved. I got out of the car and waited for a second.

Then Italy ran up to hug the both of us. "America you made it! Happy birthday Piri!" Italy greeted. "Dude why are you wearing a dress?" America asked Italy. "Hungary said I could borrow her clothes!" Italy said. I went inside the mansion. It looked like there was a party going on. There was even this huge banner saying "Happy B-Day Piri" on it.

"This is why England let me go," America said. "It's amazing," I said in awe. "Happy birthday, Piri. You came a little early so China and Japan's food is over there. Austria is playing the music, Germany's still baking your cake, and Romano is thinking of a game still involving throwing tomatoes," Vietnam said. I nodded.

"OoOOH! Germany's cake is the bomb!" America said. Hungary whacked him on the back with a frying pan. "You idiot save some cake for Piri! Happy birthday," Hungary said. I smiled, thanking her.

"Just be glad that England isn't cooking," America muttered. I giggled a little. "Thanks," I said. "No problem. It was Vietnam's idea anyways," America said and Hungary raised up her frying pan. "Okay okay it was my idea!" America said rubbing the back of his next. "Salamat (thank you) Kuya," I told him. America nodded.

All of a sudden I heard crashing in Austria's kitchen. "Aiya! England stop your going to burn it!" I heard China yell in the kitchen. "My cooking isn't that bad!" I heard England's thick Brit accent. "Vhat are you doing you two? Zhis isn't time to good around!" Germany said. "I agree with Germany-San," Japan said.

"OHOHOHON!" I heard France laugh over at the table where he was sitting with the Bad Touch Trio. Or, duet. It was only Prussia that was there. But where was the third . person? "England! Out!" Hungary yelled and I heard a loud thud sound made by a frying pan.

"Oops! I need to go to the bathroom!" America said all of a sudden and ran away. "H-Hey Piri," I heard a soft voice say. "Canada!" I exclaimed. "So I'm not invisible. Thanks, Piri! Even Kuma didn't remember me. And happy birthday," Canada said. I smiled and nodded.

All of a sudden when Russia bursted through the doors, the whole room was silent. "Happy Birthday Piri!" Russia exclaimed, happy. I shyly waved. I heard what happens when he goes all "KolKolKol" on people.

"Vhat are you doing England?! You don't put zat on cake!" Germany said yelling in the kitchen. "Well that's how the queen taught me!" England said. "Vell it's zhe wrong way!" Germany said. Then the arguments continued in the kitchen. "I'm baaaack!" America yelled. "EVERYONE SHUT UP!!!!" Germany yelled. Everyone was silent again.

Well, great start...