Spain

Philippine's POV

"Hey maybe your just suffering from a minor brain....thingamajigy and your just thinking a little bit crazy. S-Spain's not my brother!" I blurted out. I didn't really want him to be my brother. That's crazy! Canada sighed and nodded. "Your probably right.." Canada said in that shy and soft tone of his again.

I grabbed my backpack and waved at Canada and left the room. I sat in the front while England was driving and America was in the back. It was surprisingly quiet. I would be expecting America to blurt out complaining. But he was just sitting in the back. With his arms crossed, looking at his window.

"Hey Philippines..." America said in a serious tone. I was silent for a second. Unsure on responding. "You remember...that Spain guy...right?" America asked. All of a sudden during the red light England stop with a furious look on his face. "America. I told you to not talk, got that lad?" England asked.

"I'm just asking a damn question..." America muttered looking out his window again. "I'm just telling you that- BLOODY HELL WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS ****ING WANKER?!" England said honking his horn loudly at the car next to him. I've never scene England this mad ever since America made France try to marry him.

"Okay. We're home now, Philippines. You can go rest now and just say that...it was a long line at McDonalds," England said with a disgusted look on his face. America scoffed. Before any further arguing I left the car and heard loud yelling. I ignored it and went inside. When I opened the door papa had his arms crossed with an expression on his face.

"Manila told me everything," Papa said. I nodded sadly. "I'm not mad I'm just glad your okay," Papa said and his expression softened up. I sighed in relief. "Happy advanced birthday, Ate!" Manila greeted. "T-Thanks," I said. The windows were open but even though it was summer I was pretty cold.

"You should get to bed, Philippines," Papa said. I nodded. But before I went to my warm bedroom. I had to ask my papa something first. "Papa?" I asked. "Did I have a brother before? Named...Spain?" I asked. Papa shook his head. "I don't know. We just found you on the streets and that was it," papa said sadly. I nodded and walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth and change into my pajamas.

I threw myself on my bed and found a note attached to the wall. I took it and read what was on it. Looks like America's handwriting.

Even though I'm not there, I'll still be your hero...

~America

That was the note. I kept it attached to my wall. So that if I'm ever feeling down, I can read it and it'll make me feel a little better. I fell asleep soon enough because I was tired. Almost automatically, I was dreaming.

I looked like I was 5."Kuya Spain can I play with you?" I asked tugging on his sleeve. "Stop! Your annoying me and I need to do some work!" Spain said. "But Kuya Spain! You promised!" I said. Spain sighed and got on one knee and put his hand on my head. "Philippines...I can't but I'll play with you later," Spain said.

I smiled widely and nodded. "Okay Kuya Spain!" I said giggling and walked into my room. It was at night. So little me was asleep. But instead I was looking at Spain's POV. Someone who looked like my dad came. But it wasn't papa. "Spain! What is the meaning of this?!" Dad said gesturing to a crumpled piece of paper with a huge F written in read.

"Your teacher called me to go to a conference AGAIN because you CUT SOMEONE'S WRIST WITH A SWORD!! And I found this in the TRASH CAN!! Why can't you be more like your good little sister, Piri, huh?! Do you have any idea how furious I am with you?!" Dad said and slapped Spain on the face. But his reaction didn't match the slap, nothing but a wide grin on his face.

Slowly he drew something out of his pocket. A knife. And he stabbed him. I shrieked in my dream. But 5-year-old me was fast asleep. Soon mom came with a cup of tea but she dropped it. "S-Spain! What have you-" she was cut off when Spain threw the knife at her, landing on her head. The gory scene was too much, and Spain's shirt was covered in red blood.

He ran to my room with a box in his hands. Little me was fast asleep. He cradled me in his arms slowly putting me in the box. I was small enough to fit. He put a ripe mango next to me and walked out of the house putting me somewhere in he streets. He hid behind a large building and watched what happened.

Then little me woke up. And started crying. "K-Kuya Spain?! I'm scared! Where am I?!" I cried out. "Mama? Papa? Where are you?? Kuya Spain I wanna go home!" I started to sob. Spain felt a large pang of guilt. He was about to step forward to get me, when a young America stepped forward.

He was wearing a superman cape along with a jacket and pants with tennis shoes on. "Hello...who are you?" I asked. Spain quickly hid behind the large building again. "My name's America. Do you need help?" America asked and extended a hand to me. But I just hugged my knees in the small box, crying.

"Yes I wanna find my mama and papa and Kuya Spain!" I screamed. America sat next to me and patted my back. "My big brother England and younger brother Canada can help! I'll even help, too!" America said and I lifted my head to see who he was. His blue eyes and smile. Something about him made me want to trust him.

America extended a hand. I took it and got up and out of the box taking my mango with me. Spain forgot about his guilt and ran away.

I woke up. But I couldn't remember almost a single thing. All I remember was the ending where America was there. The rest...I can't remember. Ugh maybe it was something important! Or not important. When I woke up I found out that it was my birthday.