As Childhood Friends

Piri's POV (Age: 5)

A little author note! America's 7, Canada's 5, England's 11, Japan's 9, and Spain's 13!!! Just so you know these are their actual age gaps. Except for Japan.

"Piri! Check this out!" Alfred called out to me over at the swings. I started running and running and I reached the swings. "What is it?" I asked him. Alfred just started laughing. "Hey look what I can do! I can fly!" Alfred said laying on his stomach on the swing and started swinging on his belly. Trying to make it look like he was flying.

"Maybe I'll be the next Superman!" Alfred said with joy. "You know your not flying!" I said with my arms crossed. Alfred just continued laughing in glee. He even had a cape on. "Just try it, Piri! It feels like I'm actually flying!" Alfred said continuing to swing on his belly. "Alright," I said sighing and got on the swing next to him, on my belly.

Then I pushed off from the pole next to me and started swinging back and forth. With the wind in my face, Alfred was almost right. It sort of did feel like I was flying! "See what I mean? Ha this is amazing!" Alfred said laughing. I agreed with him and flew a little higher. Or, swung a little higher.

"Woah!" I yelled and felt a little push on my feet and I fell off, face planting in a pile of wood chips. I got up and wiped the wood chips off my face. Maybe I just fell. But I started crying. It hurt!

"Hey! That wasn't very nice!" Alfred said and crossed his arms. I rubbed my eyes and looked behind the swing I was on. I saw Alfred talking to a boy with shiny black hair and brown eyes. "Kiku (Japan)..." I said and rubbed my eyes recognizing who he is. Kiku didn't say a word.

"Hey, you know this guy? He's a jerk!" Alfred said. I nodded slowly and just stood there. "Why would you push her? She didn't do anything wrong!" Alfred said his hands clenched into fists. Kiku just stood there, silent. "Hey answer me! Or I'll get my older brother, Arthur (England)!" Alfred said. Still, Kiku was silent.

His lips were slightly parted. Like he was going to speak. "You'll never be the hero you want to be to her," Kiku said and walked away, calm. It's odd. "Hey I'm not done with you yet! Coward!" Alfred yelled.

Kiku just kept walking away. Walking away to his older brother, Yao (China) who raised him, alone. Just like Arthur did with Alfred and his younger brother, Mathew (Canada) and I had to live alone, but I often go to Alfred's house with Arthur and Mathew. But when relatives or other friends go, I go out of the house.

Alfred stopped yelling at Kiku and turned to me, running. "Hey are you okay? Are you hurt?" Alfred asked. I nodded. Alfred winced. "You have scars on your head. I'm get big brother Arthur. Come on, Mathew! We're going home!" Alfred called to Mathew who was at the slide with his stuffed polar bear. Mathew went down he slide and walked up to Alfred.

Arthur came with Mathew by his side and he saw my face. "What happened you you, Piri?" Arthur (England) asked going on one knee and put his hand on my head. I rubbed my eye wiping a tear away. "I was pushed off the swing," I said. "Okay, we're going to my house and try to make you feel better, okay?" Arthur said and I nodded. "Don't cry, now it'll be okay soon," Arthur said. I nodded and smiled. The four of us walked to their small house.

I sat on a stool in the bathroom and Arthur got out the first aid kit. First he got out a paper towel and wet it with water wiping off all the dirt. He only did it on my forehead, which I'm guessing was what Alfred told me earlier. Then he wrapped my forehead with white bandages and smiled.

"Now Alfred, give her a kiss on the forehead to make her feel better," Arthur said. "W-What?! Why?" Alfred asked. I giggled. "Because I said so. Come on, it's just a quick kiss," Arthur said. Mathew laughed shyly behind him. Alfred sighed and kissed my forehead which was covered in bandages. "Piri, you know where your room is right?" Arthur asked. I nodded.

"Okay, time to go to bed, all of you," Arthur said. Alfred groaned. "Come on you said you would treat us to McDonalds!" Alfred complained. "No. You'll be fat and you won't fly. Come on. To bed," Arthur said. Alfred sighed. "Fine. But burgers tomorrow! That's the deal," Alfred said walking into his room. Canada into his. And mine in the guest room. I felt so tired, I fell asleep right away.

But I woke up in the middle of the night. But I felt a hand over my mouth and my wrists tied together in rope on my back and my ankles, too. "Help!" I tried to yell but all that came out was an "Mmph" and nothing happened. No one came. This is one of the only times I wish that Alfred could be a hero right now. I saw the man that was holding me hostage. He looked a little bit older than Arthur. Like a teenager.

I bit his hand and he groaned and flailed his hand in the air. "HELP!!!" I yelled my loudest now that I had my chance. "THERE'S SOMEONE IN MY ROOM!!!" I yelled and then the teenage guy grabbed my by the mouth again. I saw the door burst open and Alfred was there. Only Alfred.

"Hey! Stay away from her!" Alfred yelled. "Or what, little kid? Your going to start acting like the hero and try to save the day?" The teenage guy said and started laughing. "I said STAY AWAY FROM HER!!" Alfred yelled and punched the guy in the gut. It looked like it actually hurt him. The teenage guy ran away letting me go. What a wimp. But it's not Japan. The teenage guy was older.

Alfred untied my rope and everything. I started to cry tears of joy. That he came."A-Alfred!" I screamed in glee and ran up to him, hugging him tight. "Piri?" Alfred asked and wrapped his arms around me. "I'll stay by your side, if you run into anymore trouble, I'll be there," Alfred said.

"Promise?" I asked him.

"Promise," Alfred said.

I unwrapped my arms from him and smiled. We joined pinkies as we made that promise. All of a sudden the door bursted open again. And Arthur had a frying pan in his hand with Mathew shyly hiding behind him.

"What happened?! I heard Piri screaming what on EARTH happened?!" Arthur yelled and Mathew quietly whimpered behind his back. "A man was trying to kidnap her!" Alfred yelled. Arthur's eyes widened in shock. "Kidnap? Do you know who was it I'll report to the police right away!" Arthur said. "He was a teenage man. That's all I know," I said.

"Teenage man....ANTONIO?! (Spain) that bloody excuse for a human being....(he can't cuss in front of 5-year-olds XD) I'll be going now!" Arthur said and stormed off into the kitchen and got out the telephone and called 911. "You three. You go sleep now. It's the middle of the night," Arthur said. None of us complained. We just went back to sleep. I slept peacefully, like I always do whenever I'm here.

"I'll stay by your side, if you run into anymore trouble, I'll be there."

Those words just made me so happy. That someone actually cared about me. Someone who treated me as a friend.

AAAAAAANNNNNDDDD that's my first chapter! Sorry it sucks a bit, I'm sort of new to the fandom and I had to depend on the wikias for a little bit. Now should I use their human names? Or their country names? And I probably won't be updating in a few days, or more, so yeah. Tell me what you think I have for now. See Ya Next Chapta!