Chapter 4

// 1:00 a.m. || September 15 (eastern time) \\

Philip's phone rang and jolted out of bed and shut it down. "4 a.m........." she murmured and took a bath and got dressed for her flight. She reeled her luggage outside the house and walked to the city where the lights shone like stars.
There, she took a cab headed to the airport, and loaded her luggage into the vehicle.

{20 minutes later}

As the taxi drove, the Filipino looked out the window outside where dirty streets, broken street lights, and closed shops all lined up in rows. Soon, she arrived at the good parts of the city, where the airport was.

"Salamat (thank you)," Philip thanked the taxi driver and paid him a fair amount. Going inside the air-conditioned building, she felt relieved to finally get into a well-light area.

"Flight J982, Gate 37, Terminal 2," she mumbled and made her way through the airport.

// 3: 51 a.m. //

After arriving at the waiting area, she connected to the airport wifi and called Mex, "Hey, Hermano,".

"Hermana? Why'd you call?"

"I just wanna ask when the party starts,"

"Starts at around 8,"

"a.m. or p.m.?"

"p.m."

"Alright, what time is it there?"

"5 a.m., and I'm was still asleep,"

"Oh, sorry!"

"Nah, it's fine,"

"Thanks,"

"I'll come to pick you up at the airport, okay?"

"Okay, see you soon,"

Philip hung up and checked her watch again to consult the time, "4:07," she stated and soon the announcement came. Yadda yadda, random stuff. After hearing it, she picked up her luggage and went to line up with her plane ticket ready in hand.

She showed it to the staff and went aboard the plane, then the flight attendants came to help them put the carry-on luggage in the overhead bin. She sat down and looked outside where other plane headlights glittered brightly.

Philip heaved a sigh and took out her phone. A GIF from Mex, "Cya soon!" It says, and with a happy-looking character in the middle who was dancing. She just texted back, 'See ya!' and turned on airplane mode before putting down her phone.

Looking out the window of her seat, she saw the golden sun slowly rising gracefully as the sky lit up with shades of orange and yellow. After a few several minutes, it was time to take off. Announcements and safety guides were carried out by the crew members.

Then the plane started to roll along the runway, it took quite a while before the plane took off completely. Philip checked her phone again, but then she got an unexpected missed call from a very unexpected someone: Martial.

He also left a voicemail for her. Philip played it and listened eagerly.

"Kamusta, kapatid. Nasaan ka? Dahil 'di ko matawagan ka. Tumawag ka pag na rinig mo na ito. Nag aalala ako" He said in a tired and slightly raspy voice.
*Hi, sibling. Where are you? Cuz I can't call you. Call me when you hear this. I'm worried*

Philip hesitated to call him or not, because the last time this happened, it was the wrong time. A very bad time. So she decided not to call him.