Finally an America POV again! This is mostly a filler chapter, and developing relationships with America's friends more, and showing you how she acts with them.
America's POV

"Bye Mom! Bye Aussie! Bye Kiwi!" Canada called to said countries as he and I stepped out our front door, while I just waved and smiled.

"Bye Canada, bye America!" New Zealand screamed, joined with a "bye" from Australia and a "au revoir" from France directly after New Zealand spoke. Canada mirrored my wave from earlier, and I saluted as a goodbye. Canada took out his phone and started texting someone on it, by the looks of it his friend Finland. Once we were away from our house I straightened up, adjusted my glasses, and put on a nonchalant face. I couldn't be soft with anyone but my family, and that was a stretch in the first place. But... no that was just being kind, and my mom knew him I shook my head to clear my thoughts as my brother spoke.

"I can't wait to go on a date with Ukraine today!" Canada said, putting his phone in his pocket and beaming at me. I nodded and chuckled.

"I know, this is the fifth time you've told me that in the past two days" I smirked, and he looked away, his face a bright red. I laughed at how flustered he was, and he glowered at me in return, which made me laugh even more. "Aww, you're blushing" I teased.

"Shut up" He muttered. I just gave him a smug look and kept walking. As we neared the school in silence, I realized my mistake and put my mask back on. Sometimes it was tiring to always have to watch for not showing too much emotion in front of others, to not show weakness, to not be too soft, but it was what Father said would keep me safe, and though I hated him, I listened to my father. He has always been intimidating and powerful, no matter how far back I looked, and his ways have made, and kept him that way. I hope to be an intimidating and powerful country, if not soon someday, and my father's teachings will aid me. Or at least that's what he says. Though I may not like it, I can never be too happy, too excited, too soft, too caring, too kind, too sad, too proud, too shocked, too shameful, too hurt, too insecure, too nervous, too peaceful, too scared, too compassionate, too relieved, too tender, too affectionate, too relieved, too hopeful, too eager, too lazy, too impulsive, too clingy, too vulnerable, too oversensitive, too stubborn, and too emotional. Those words are all words Father has used to describe me, always in a degrading way, and words he told me to not be, to never be. I've tried all my life to stick to that, to not be what Father doesn't want me to be, but it's hard, now more than ever. Sometimes it's hard to believe that some countries are that nice to me, I mean, they probably all have motives behind being nice to be. They're probably not my real friends, they just want something from me, but it's nice, even if it's fake. But according to Father, I can't enjoy that. Allies are as close as I can get with anybody. Unless Mom says otherwise, but Mom hasn't been here the last few years. Yet, Canada gets a girlfriend, while I don't even get any friends. The weird thing about Ukraine, she's just... so pure. Every time I've studied her, watched what she did, been around her, I can't detect anything wrong with her, she actually seems to like Canada for who he is, and a lot too. She isn't two-faced, she's the kindest country I know, and she's like an Angel, all she's missing is the wings, which some countries actually have. I can't believe China and Russia expect me to hurt her, and I can't believe they want to hurt her in the first place. I gasped as a thought occurred to me, and started beaming.

"What happened?" Canada said, looking over at me with a confused expression.

"Nothing" I said quickly, glancing at my brother nervously. Now, we were at the school gates. "Anyways, I have to go do something, bye!"

"America, wait!" He called after me, but I was already gone. I was heading towards the lunch tables, when I knew the two would be. As I hurried off, I bumped into a familiar feathered country.