Awwwwwww, New Zealand and America have a little moment together. Thank you for 700 reads, more than halfway to 1k😆😆!!! Enjoy the sister bonding time!

New Zealand's POV

"Kiwi I was asking for your suggestions, not scrutinizing opinions" America deadpanned, glaring at me. I just giggled and rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, but I don't think you could get a date to the dance, even if you wanted to" I shrugged. But judging on what I knew of America before we had to split up for three years, I was dead wrong. Boys would fight over eachother to get a chance to even speak with her. Quite frankly, I was always a bit jealous, but being her younger sister did have its perks, including I has some boys fighting over the chance to get to talk with me. But of course, I couldn't feed her ego, because, while she looked quiet, cold, and calculating on the outside, on the inside, she was cocky, outgoing, always the life of the party, yet still kind, caring, and sincere when called for. I love that side of America, and I used to see it all the time. I came back here with the assumption that the side of America I knew and loved would still be open, and visible to all. But now, I see that America less and less, so much that she is almost gone. Thankfully, she sometimes lets a little bit of it peek out with me, Aussie, and Canada. At least I have that. Though I still miss having it all the time.

"You're just saying that because you want me to take you" My sister scoffed, jerking me out of my thoughts. I gasped in mock offense, placing a hand over my heart like I was wounded, pushing my thoughts out of my mind and focusing on the present. Looking at the past will only hurt me more.

"I would never" I protested. I would, that's excactly what I was doing. But damn America was so smart that she figured it out. That's why I sometimes prefer Aussie, he doesn't catch on to things as easily. It also doesn't hurt that he's mostly clueless and very oblivious. Besides when he's animals, especially his pets. I swear, Mom lets him keep a zoo in our house, and he's a walking encyclopedia of animal facts, some more pleasant than others.

"Anyways, do you like the dress or not" America said impatiently, crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow. I did, I really did. I more than liked it. The dress was a nice shade of red, not too bright, not too dark, but in between. It was more of a cherry color, that constructed perfectly with America's clear white skin. It was of a light, and flowy fabric that was wrinkled and plaited for the style. The bodice of the dress was nothing special, with a low, curved neckline, and spaghetti straps to hold the dress in place. The skirt though, it was so long it hid her feet, and rippled and danced when she moved, in an entrancing way. The skirt had volume, but it wasn't puffy like a ball gown. All in all, the dress was gorgeous, and it was perfectly suited for my sister

"I like it" I said simply, smiling slightly, and my sister let out an obvious sigh of relief. I giggled slightly at her action, she didn't need to be worried if the dress looked good or not. She could show up wearing a trash bag and boys would still fall for her, girls too. Since when was America self conscious? She really had changed. The America I knew didn't care what anybody thought. But then again, the America I knew also got disciplined a lot by Father, but Mom usually got her out of it, or calmed Father down. Mom was always there for America, always helping her. But... these past years Mom wasn't there for America, so no one was there but Canada to stop him, but Canada would never do anything to oppose Father in the slightest, he was the good boy, the golden child, the favorite. That's how it always was, Canada was the best, America was the worst, and Aussie and I were always in between. Yet, America and Canada were the closest, even though they seemed to be opposites. It was strange, but it worked. Maybe since Mom hasn't been here for the last few years, Father had no one holding him back, so that's why America is so much more subdued now. Sad.