One Piece x BNHA pt 4: Nami

Next, an orangette came in, with a tank top and shorts.

"You must be Nami, the crew's navigator. Tea?" Nezu smiled.

"Sure thank you." Nami said and then gave a look that said, 'Go ahead, ask.'

"Well, how long had you been on the crew?" Nezu asked.

"Two years, although I originally joined him as part of a partnership, I eventually joined as the fifth member."

"Why is that?" Cementoss asked.

"Well, 20 years ago, I was an infant orphan of the Oykot Kingdom. I was found by a girl named Nojiko, and we were rescued by a female marine named Bellemere, who became our adoptive mother. She quit the marines to raise us and started a Tangerine Farm on Cocoyashi Village on the Conomi Islands. We became as close as any family and we had good friends like old man Genzo and Doc." Nami smiled as she reminisced.

"By the time I turned eight, I decided to be a cartographer, and I was able to draw immaculate island maps although we didnt have much money." Nami said as she showed her first map of The Conomi Islands.

Nezu handed around the chart and the staff were impressed. And from the age of the paper, it was authentic.

"But around that time, things took a turn for the worse..........Arlong and his crew appeared."

"Arlong?" Midnight asked.

"He was a Saw-Tooth shark fish-man, and Leader of the Arlong Pirates. He was determined to rule over the oceans of the World, and he decided to start at the East Blue as people say it's the weakest sea. He attacked the Conomi Islands and then forced people to pay absurd taxes for his protection. And if one person can't pay, their entire village would be leveled."

This shocked the staff more. They would be destroyed because of one person?!

Nami then gave them Arlong's wanted poster, worth 20,000,000 berries.

"For me and Nojiko, there was enough money to support us but not Bellemere..........she let herself be killed by Arlong so we could live. Right in front of us." Nami said her fists shaking.

"What?!" Recovery said horrified.

"If don't want to continue...." Nezu said.

"No, I already told you this much........when Arlong acknowledged my charting skills, he offered a deal. If I could gather 100,000,000 berries for him, he would free my village. I was that desperate so I reluctantly became part of his crew at the cost of my freedom. I even had to have their tattoo................For the next ten years, I stole money and valuables from other pirates to pay that price. I was even forced to make charts of other islands. By the time I met Luffy, I was close to 90,000,000 berries. We met at Orange Town where another pirate Buggy pillaged and its how I learned of Devil Fruits."

"Devil Fruits?" Toshinori asked.

"They are mysterious fruits that grant users incredible powers. The downside is once you eat one, you can't swim for the rest of your life, but you gain a superhuman ability. Luffy, Yukiko, Chopper, Robin, Brook, Ace, and Bonney are Devil Fruit users. You can ask them about their powers, they can explain it better." Nami said.

"OK then. Are Devil Fruits like quirks?" Hound Dog asked.

"No, because I saw people and families with similar powers here. Devil Fruits are each one of a kind. No two fruits of the same kind exist. In order to gain its power, a previous user has to die, and the power regenerates in the closest fruit and becomes a new Devil Fruit." Nami explained. "Anyway, we encountered Buggy the Bombastic Clown, and user of the Chop Chop Fruit, which made him immune to damage from slices and cuts, be it horizontal or vertical. He can even control his severed parts and reassemble them. One of his men attacked a pet food store there where a small dog Chuchu guarded it. He protected the store with his life ever since his master passed on. But Buggy's man burned it down.........however, Luffy actually fought him and defeated him for Chuchu. Then he went on to beat Buggy and sent him flying..........."

Nami paused for a drink and the staff soaked this in.

The strawhat fought a pirate for a dog's lost store? That's deep.

"Anyway,I never told them I was part of Arlong's crew so I had to leave, but Luffy still wanted me as his navigator. I was close to accomplishing my goal............but...............Arlong didn't intend to honor our promise.......he had payed a crooked marine colonel to steal the money I saved up.........he even destroyed Bellemere's tangerine orchard to find it.............he didn't intend to let me go either. Because of my cartography skills....................everyone in my village was furious that he used me. They even geared up to fight to the death.

I stabbed my Arlong tattoo but Luffy stopped me.

He, Zoro, Sanji and Usopp.

It's hard to believe.........

But they beat Arlong and his crew, and saved the entire East Blue. Luffy even destroyed his home base and the room where I was forced to draw those maps. He destroyed my prison......"

This stunned the staff.

A small group of four men defeated a horde of Fish-men?! They're tougher than they thought.

"And do you have a bounty too?" Midnight asked.

"Unfortunately." Nami sulked as she showed them her previous posters.

Cat Burglar Nami, Navigator.

1st bounty, for robbing marines and defeating Kalifa of CP9:
16,000,000 berries.

2nd Bounty:
66,000,000 berries

3rd Bounty for defeating one of Kaido's Numbers and Top Commander Jack:
366,000,000 berries.

Current bounty:
966,000,000 berries.

"Whoa! This is shocking." Midnight said.

"Ah, I was tricked, they said they were reporters for magazines.....But at least they got my good side." Nami said.

-------------------
Next up is Usopp!

Don't worry, Yukiko told him not to tell any tall tales.

Plz comment!