26.

So much death

I stood in the heart of the battlefield, silence my only companion amidst the fallen from every clan—vampires, humans, angels, demons, and fairies. Each body, a tale of valor and vigor, now lay motionless under the fading light of the day.

Gazing upon the once mighty, now united in their eternal slumber, my heart swelled with a grief that transcended the boundaries of the factions. The ground, soaked with the essence of their beings, bore witness to the ultimate sacrifice.

As twilight approached, casting shadows that danced over friend and foe alike, a solitary tear escaped me. It traveled down my cheek, coming to rest on the cold, still cheek of a fallen fairy. Their delicate wings, forever stilled, sparked a resolve within me—a silent oath to remember their spirit and carry forth their courage.

Amidst the devastation, I knelt and offered a prayer, my voice a soft murmur against the chorus of the lost. I prayed for a future where such bloodshed was but a distant memory, and in the quiet after the storm, I found a glimmer of hope that peace might one day be more than just a whispered dream.

Flashback

"I promise it's full proof, we just have to take down your sister and my father. Then we can make all the clans live together." Meliodas slapped his hands on my shoulder.

"I don't know Meli, it just seems like a lot ?" Sighing I placed my hands on top of his, pulling them off my shoulders and holding them.

"What if it doesn't work?" I mumbled while looking at our entwined hands.

To seal, the both of them , it'll take a lot of magical energy and power to do so.

"It will work Y/n" his eyes were determined, nothing would get in his way, or between us.

And Elizabeth.... For reasons unknown to me, she aged quickly, and I mean very quickly. Maybe due to the goddess blood ? She seemed to already be almost 15.

" I trust you meliodas, promise me after this we'll be together " I held my pinky out for him to take.

"I promise n/n, nothing will get in between us, it will always be you"

End of flashback

If only he knew how wrong he would be

I could barely believe my eyes as they fell upon the Demon King and my sister, standing ominously before the small figure of Elizabeth. My pulse quickened, a mix of fear and determination coursing through me. Without a second thought, I dashed forward, intent on snatching Elizabeth out of harm's way.

From the corner of my eye, a blur of motion caught my attention—it was Meliodas, his resolve as fierce as my own, racing to join me. Our goals aligned in perfect unison, our strides fueled by the urgency of the moment.

As I reached out for Elizabeth, my heart pounded against my ribcage, every second stretching into eternity. With a swift motion, I reached Elizabeth, pushing her gently but firmly behind me. "You're safe now," I assured her, drawing my sword with a steely rasp. "Stay back—I've got this." My stance was protective, my resolve as sharp as the blade in my hand, ready to defend her against all threats.

The Demon King's voice boomed across the expanse, his words heavy with condemnation. "Y/N and Meliodas, you have betrayed your clans. Such treachery cannot go unpunished."

But Meliodas, with fire in his eyes, cut through the weight of his proclamation. "Cut the crap! You both orchestrated this whole charade. We're here to end it—your reign of manipulation is over!" His hand tightened around his weapon, an unspoken promise that we were not just defenders but avengers, poised to reclaim our destinies.