A Russia POV that is not mostly filled with a flashback, hooray!! Also, rn I'm traveling internationally for the next week or so and might take an extra week to upload another chapter, or an extra few days. But I'll try my best to keep a consistent schedule! Thanks for reading so much, and enjoy!!

Russia's POV

Fucking American. She doesn't tell me anything. Every time I get close to some kind of moment, she closes up again and it just disappears.

But...

She didn't answer my question for a reason.

And I didn't know if I really wanted to hear the answer.

I was just so mad there, I was speaking harshly with her. The way everybody tensed at the table when Britain said her name confused me at first. But after he and America went inside the house, everybody looked around worriedly except Ukraine, who didn't notice anything and kept on chatting. France looked calm and composed, but her eyes betrayed her guilt. New Zealand chatted with Ukraine, but her face looked slightly scared. Australia spoke in hushed with Canada once they left the table and walked a few meters away, his eyebrows furrowed with worry, both glancing at the door to the inside of the house where America and Great Britain disappeared into. But Canada, I could tell, was terrified. But not for him. Once the pair of countries noticed me staring, they stopped and went back to the table, all smiles and laughs. Everyone else joined in, but the air was still tense.

That's when I knew something was up.

About thirty minutes after that America came back out. Right then and there, I was so mad and I had no idea why. She had a bruise forming on her cheek and some on her arms as well, plus some bandages on her wrists and a couple on her fingers. They were all new. Everyone looked away.

She barely talked for a bit at first, but slowly, her family got to her. She seemed happy and comfortable around her siblings and mother. Soon, she was laughing, smiling, and making lighthearted jokes with her family. I just wished I could see her eyes, which were hidden behind her ever present sunglasses. Then I could see what she was really feeling. But alas, I couldn't. Fucking sunglasses.

Her father did not come back to lunch.

Later, we went to her room and started talking, and when I brought up the subject of her father she closed up and left me. She didn't talk to me for the next 10 minutes except being polite and formal, as if avoiding me. Soon enough, Ukraine and I had to leave because we were all going to have dinner with our entire family. We said our goodbyes and left.

The whole ride home, Ukraine was ecstatic, which annoyed me. I never really liked my sister, but now I was jealous that everything worked out for her, but never for me.

At dinner, the subject of today was brought up by my brother Kazakhstan.

"So, Ukraine, how'd it go with your boyfriend?" Kazakhstan asked after a few minutes of eating and pleasant conversation. Ukraine turned red and looked down for a few seconds, embarrassed. After a long breath, she looked back up and spoke sheepishly "It was good, his mom approved of us and then he kissed me"

"Remember, he'd better not do anything to hurt you" My dad, Soviet Union, warned, pointing his fork at my flustered sister while speaking. My Step-mother, Third Reich, hummed in approval.

"I'll have his guts to present to you if he does" She said sweetly, flashing her sharp canines, then as an afterthought she added "By the way, who is this boy of yours, and his family?"

"His name is Canada, his father is Great Britain, his mother is France, he has a brother named Australia, and two sisters named New Zealand and United States of America" Ukraine explained, brightening up at the chance to be useful and explain something. I also was annoyed by this. She was so annoying and enthusiastic that I just cringed slightly.