Chapter 39

Jungkook immediately held the railing which hit his back when he stumbled cause of the fall of something on his face. He felt movements on his face and gritted his teeth realizing what the thing was.

"Jungkook?"

Ayezah whisper-yelled at her husband, who unexpectedly was standing in front of her in the middle of the night right at her balcony. Even though she was confused and surprised, her lips couldn't help but widen to a small smile seeing Cherry sitting on his face as if he was a pillow. Stepping forward, she softly carried the kitten and moved away from the raging figure.

Jungkook's eyes were shut and his jaws were clenched. He clearly heard his dear wife's voice, but was he in a position to answer? Right when that thing's tail was caressing his face. 

Ayezah unknowingly let out a low giggle and Jungkook immediately opened his eyes, taking in the sight of his wife wearing a dark purple churidar. His eyes softened and without wasting any second more, stepped forward and circled his arms around her waist, pushing her inside the room making her gasp as she held onto his shoulder with her right hand while the left held tightly onto the kitten. Jungkook shut the door from behind and continued to step forward while pushing her softly, both of them maintained the eye contact and soon Ayezah gasped feeling her legs hit the bed as she fell, sitting on it.

Jungkook smiled at her and crouched in front of her, both of their heads at the same level. Their hearts were beating at an uncontrollable rate and they silently talked with through their eyes. Ayezah shyly smiled, unable to hold his intense gaze and she slowly looked down at Cherry peacefully lying on her lap. Jungkook's smile widened noticing her cheeks reddening within just a second and he let out a chuckle.

"You live up to your nickname Humaira."

Ayezah's shy smile widened even more as she turned her head away from him hearing him whispering through his husky voice. She then finally remembered the situation and she jerked her head up with widened eyes, "What are you doing here?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes, "Where else would I be, if not beside my wife?" Ayezah shook her head and slightly slapped his shoulder, "Can't you wait for 5 days?" Jungkook glared at her, "I would have, if you had called me right after reaching home, but no- just a single message of your good night and that's it. That's the only thing you sent."

Cherry meowed immediately when he finished his words and Ayezah giggled while nodding her head, "Even Cherry knows that you're lying right now." Jungkook looked at that thing with a pissed look on his face, "I thought your mom wanted to see this thing." Ayezah hissed hearing him call her lovely pet like that and tightly embraced the fluff ball, "Language Jeon. And she did, why?" Jungkook's eyes were not leaving the sight of his wife embracing that thing tightly, "They why is this thin- ChERrY with you?" He forced out a smile when naming that creature.

Ayezah frowned, "Mom was playing with Cherry for a long while, in fact I only got my cutie pie now." She said as she cutely snuggled in the kitten and Jungkook unknowingly let out a shaky breath. He couldn't control himself and he immediately pulled Cherry away from her quickly making Ayezah gasp out loud while the kitten too reacted the same way, the only difference that it came out as a "meow".

Jungkook was about to throw Cherry outside the room when he remembered that this isn't his house. Ayezah immediately grabbed Cherry back and glared at her husband, who looked at her in disbelief, "Ayezah, come on, give some time to your desperate husband and leave that- Cherry somewhere else for a while, hm?"

Ayezah sighed at his childishness for fighting with a kitten, "Jungkook leave now, if mom and dad-" Jungkook raised his eyebrows, "What would they say to their son in law?"