fuck the paps

sorry i haven't updated i've been sick the past 3 days but i was feeling a little better today so yeah. anddd since i haven't updated in a while i decided to write a nice long one for u guys do enjoyyyyyy <3

word count: 1.5k

y/n age: 10

it was my birthday weekend and i was so excited! my birthday is on monday but we decided to celebrate on this weekend. today we went out shopping and i got some cute outfits andddd i finally got a phone!!!!! i was so excited that i got a phone. we were now back at the house and we changed because we were going to this fancier restaurant so we needed to dress up.

"y/n! come here!" i heard my mom yell from my room. i got down off my bed and ran into my mom and dads room.

"yes?" i asked.

"go ahead and start getting ready we'll leave in about an hour and a half ok?" she said. dad was in the bathroom already getting ready. dad is a bit of a fashionista so he needs all the time in the world to get ready

"okay! after i get my dress on can you do my hair?" i asked.

"of course baby" she said with a smile. i returned a smile and ran back to my room. i was in love with the dress my mom got me for my birthday. it was a pretty black mini dress and it was omg i loved it. once i slipped on my dress, i made my way to my vanity and picked out some jewelry. i picked out a gold necklace with my initial on it, some mini gold hoop earrings, and gold kendra scott bracelet.

after i picked everything out i made my way back into my parents room. my dad was of course still getting ready and mom was straightening her hair. i like it better when her hair is natural but she said it's easier when it's straight. my hair was pretty straight but their was a slight wave to it. i don't think it's wavy enough to be identified as curly though. at least like my moms.

"mom can you do my hair now?" i asked.

"of course just give me one second" she said still looking in the mirror doing her hair. dad looked over at me and flashed a huge smile.

"you look so beautiful y/n/n" dad said.

"thank you dad" i said with a huge smile.

"ok what do you want to do with your hair?" mom asked.

"uhhh i want to curl it a little but not a lot and then can you like pull it into a half up half down but like with two strands left out in the front?" i asked.

"wow okay yeah sure" mom said. dad was laughing in the background.

"how's this look?" mom asked.

"perfect!" i said.

"good i'm glad!" mom said. then she moved on to doing her make up. i've always wanted to wear makeup but mom said i'm too young. butttt since im about to turn 11 maybeeee she'll change her mind???

"hey um mom?" i said.

"what's up?" she said.

"sooo you know how it's my birthday right???" i asked with a smile.

"what do you want y/n?" my mom asked with a playful scoff.

"can i pleaseeeeee wear some makeup to dinnerrrer???" i said with a smile.

"oh boy" dad said with a chuckle.

"fine BUT only a little." she said.

"YESSSSSS!!" i exclaimed. after my mom finished her makeup she moved onto me. she did my mascara, highlighter, and she gave me some lipgloss. I. LOVED. IT.