Chapter 3

Everyone followed Mirabel back towards the courtyard of the house, up above on a window sill stood the magical candle still intact and glowing.

“What?” Mirabel gasped, her brows furrowed in confusion.

The house was completely fine, the doors weren't flickering anymore, the tiles were all in place, and no cracks were seen.

“The cracks…they were everywhere.” Mirabel tried to explain, “The house was in trouble, the, the candle was….”

Isaiah scoffed and rolled his eyes, crossing his arms across his chest. He ignored the heated glare his girl gave him.

“Abuela, I promise…” Mirabel pleaded, but was cut off by Abuela Alma.

“That's enough.” The elderly woman sternly glared before turning back to the guest with a reassuring smile, “There is nothing wrong with La Casa Madrigal! The magic is strong…and so are the drinks.”

The crowd laughed at her joke, the tension in the air dissipating.

“Please…music!” Abuela Alma clapped her hands, “A baliar, a baliar!”

Luisa brought over a piano, and her dad began to play a light song. And just like that, the party resumed back to its normal energy.

“Mira…” (Y/N) frowned softly at the girl below. She felt a familiar hand grab hers and felt a small tug.

“Come on, she's fine.” Isaiah rolled his eyes, “She's just trying to put the attention back on herself.”

She felt her blood boil at the comment and yanked her hand out of his, “I think it's time for me to leave for the night.” She turned her back to him, “Goodnight Isaiah.”

All the male Madrigal could do was watch her walk away, feeling more frustrated at his younger sister blaming her for everything that just went down.

~*~

The next morning, (Y/N) was dropping off some newly restitched clothing for the Madrigals. Her family owns a tailor shop, and everyone usually comes there to either buy newly sewn clothes or to repair ripped ones.

“Morning Abuela Alma!” (Y/N) greeted the woman as she walked into the Casita with a big basket in hand, “I got the repairs here for you!”

Abuela Alma smiled and nodded, “Thank you (Y/N). Would you like to stay for breakfast?”

The younger woman placed the basket down and watched Casita carry it away. She then turned her attention to the oldest Madrigal and smiled, “That would be wonderful. Thank you, Abuela Alma.”

Making her way outside where the family usually has breakfast, she spotted everyone grabbing plates and serving themselves breakfast.

“You're joining us for breakfast?” Isaiah's voice questioned from behind the girl.

(Y/N) gave a small shriek and turned around, giving the taller male a glare, “Isa!” She huffed and crossed her arms, “Yes, your Abuela invited me to stay.”

He smirked and casually dragged his fingers across her shoulder as he passed her, “Then I will save you a seat next to me.” 

She shook her head and ignored the heat coming from her face. Her (e/c) eyes zeroed in on a lone Mirabel who just finished talking to Dolores.

“Mira!” (Y/N) smiled and sped walked over to her. Once she was closer, she lowered her voice to a whisper, “How are you feeling? I know last night was rough for you. Is the house actually in danger?”

Mirabel nodded her head, “Yes, and I think Luisa knows something about it.”

“Well it looks like we have a mission to accomplish.” (Y/N) grinned, “Restore the magic into your casita.”