Rayleigh

Once the crew got away, they made it to the Rip-off Bar.

"Oi, Shakky!" Rayleigh called. "We're back!"

The door opened to reveal the owner herself, a relatively slim and tall woman with short black hair, with two tufts pointing upwards. A pink revealing singlet with a spider printed upon in over which she wore a black jacket with matching black pants. "Oh, Ray San! Welcome back! That was fast. I'm really impressed that you guys found him."

"Shakky, Hachi is badly injured, so we've got to get him to the bed fast," Yukiko commented.

"What?" Shakky looked perturbed for a moment. "Never mind, I'll get a bed ready for him."

Luffy then snapped up. "Oh, yeah, Ossan, just now you said that you had something to say to me...?"

Rayleigh just smiled in reply.
------------

"EEEEHHH!" Luffy yelled later once the entire crew was in the bar. "ON THE PIRATE KING'S SHIP?"

"Yeah," Rayleigh poured himself a shot of rum. "I was the Vice-captain. I'm Silvers Rayleigh. Nice to meet you."

"Vice-Captain?" most of the crew echoed as Usopp did a spit-take.

"You didn't tell them, Hacchan?" Shakky asked Hachi.

"We only needed him to coat the ship...besides, I didnt want to cause a commotion. " Hachi wheezed.

"Oh, you didn't notice?" Robin commented.

"I totally know that name!" Usopp cried.

"It's written down in so many books..." Nami half-cried.

"That's definitely a name everyone's heard of at least once..." Sanji mumbled.

"Gold Roger?" Brook mumbled. "I recall hearing of a rookie by that name, but that was over 30 years ago...."

"How does that octopus know a big shot like you?" Zoro asked.

"Well, Hachi helped me once when I was stranded at sea over twenty years ago," Rayleigh answered.

"He saved his life," Shakky commented. "He still just a kid at that time."

"Hachi and I used to get along pretty well before he joined the Sun Pirates," Rayleigh explained.

"Arlong's crew, right?" Luffy commented as he raided the fridge of the Rip-Off Bar.

Sanji lit a cigarette. "But... if Gold Roger was executed twenty-two years ago, how come you, the vice-captain, is still alive? Your crew was captured by the Navy, right?"

"Erm, sorry to interrupt..." Yukiko started. "But Gold Roger... who is he?"

The resulting silence was one of disbelief for a few moments.

"Ah, right, he's not known in your world and you dropped from the sky," Nami commented, finally understanding. "Wealth, fame, power... the man who had everything, the Pirate King, Gol D. Roger, or Gold Roger. At his execution twenty-two years ago, his last words sent the world out to the seas, thus creating the Grand Age of Pirates we're in today."

Yukiko nodded in understanding as Rayleigh continued.

"We weren't captured," Rayleigh finally answered after a long while. "Roger surrendered to them."

"EEEHHH?"

"I suppose the Government claimed that they'd 'captured' him, to show their power," Rayleigh continued.

"The Pirate King surrendered?" Nami asked. "Why?"

The glass was set down with a thunk. "He could see the end of our journey.
About four years before he was executed... Roger caught an incurable disease."