A Little Reindeer

During her wait, Yukiko was the only one awake as Luffy, Sanji, and Nami needed to be attended to for their well-being.

Yukiko took this time to look at her Pokémon, which consisted of Azar, Bruno, Bambi, Joy, Pachi and Articuno.

Though a strange reindeer had a different way of hiding, watching Yukiko.

He was more focused on Bambi who stood tall, mighty, and proud. He didn't look like any other reindeer he had seen.

Then Bambi looked over at the odd reindeer and gave a friendly greeting.

That got Yukiko's attention as she was feeding her Pokémon.

"Oh hello. Thank you again for helping out my friends. And it seems Bambi has taken a liking to you." She smiled.

"Bambi, is that his name? What kind of reindeer is he?" The odd reindeer said.

"He's a Wyrdeer, a unique species. There aren't many of them around these days due to few mountainous snowy terrains where they lived." Yukiko said. "Oh, I'm Yukiko by the way. This is Pachi, Azar, Bruno, Joy and Articuno."

"Pachi!"
"Bark!"
"Woof"
"Bliss bliss!"
"Scree scree!"

"Um, I'm Tony Tony Chopper." Chopper greeted but Bambi put him at ease with a gentle nudge.

--------------
Yukiko had Chopper to lead her to the kitchen as she decided to make some Litwick Cocoa, Potato Chowder, and Ember Ginger Tea to warm up her friends.

She first went to check on Luffy who was waking up. Accompanying her was Pachi and Joy as her other Pokemon stayed with Nami.

His arms and legs looked to be wrapped in bandages. He probably had frostbite, but he'll be ok.

"Hi, I see you're getting better." Yukiko said as she gave Luffy the Chowder. " Your entire body had frostbite, but it looks like it's recovering. The others are gonna be alright too."

Luffy, having already devoured the potato chowder, and getting healed with Life Dew, felt that warm fuzzy feeling again.

Only that abruptly stopped when Chopper was peeking in to check on his patients.

Next thing she knew, Luffy and Sanji were trying to devour poor Chopper, leading to a wild chase.

"I see those two have awoken," the old woman commented and chuckled, a witchy sound that went with her nose and nickname.

Yukiko smiled as she looked over to the woman. "Thank you again, um..."

"I'm Kureha, but you may call me Doctorine. The secret of my youth?"

"No thanks, I didn't ask," Yukiko said and looked at the woman who was smiling at her.

" I'm Yukiko. You've met Nami as your female patient, and the ones who are chasing Chopper was Sanji and Luffy. Sorry about them."

"Don't think about it. I'm just surprised they have the energy to run at all," Doctorine said, placing her hand on her hip and grinning.

"You'd be amazed what they can do while injured," Yukiko said and laughed, Nami joining her and so did Doctorine.

"Ne, what is that Blue-nosed stuffed deer anyway?" Nami asked out of the blue. Yukiko looked up to, curious herself.

"You wanna know, huh? His name's Chopper. And he's just a regular blue-nosed reindeer," Doctorine commented.

"But reindeer don't talk," Nami commented.

"There's one difference between him and any other reindeer," Doctorine said with a sad note in her voice. Yukiko looked up at her, wondering what was so different about him.

"He ate the Hito-Hito no mi. He's a reindeer who's gained the abilities of a human. And I've pounded all of my medical skills into him."

Then Sanji, Luffy and Chopped blew through again and Doctorine went after Sanji with swords she had materialized out of no where.

Yukiko shook her head, this world keeps getting interesting.

When Doctorine came back, Yukiko spoke. "Doctorine. I'm glad we got here to you. Nami fell sick after we left a prehistoric island."

"Prehistoric? Would that island be Little Garden?" Doctorine asked.

"Yes." Nami said.

"Well that would explain how you got sick."  Doctorine said as she pulled Nami's shirt up and showed a very nasty looking shiner on her belly.

"What's...that?" Nami asked in surprise that she never notice it before.

"You were bitten by an insect called a Kesita; it's an infectious species of tick that inhabits hot, humid jungles. The disease begins when the insect bites and bacteria enter through its mouth, once inside, it incubated for five days causing the host immense pain. Symptoms include a fever over 40, widespread infection, Myocarditis, Arteritis and Encephalitis. It is a good thing you did come when you did. From the look of this wound I'm guessing it's about the third day...two more days you've been dead. Even though the insect was supposed to be extinct a century ago, be lucky I still had an Antibiotic." after she concluded her explanation that made Nami and Yukiko gasped.

"Well anyway, the two of you along with your weird eyebrow friend are not going anywhere" she then pointed her finger at Nami.

"You were almost on the brink of death, and you're fever hasn't completely come down, you will remain in bed for three days. And the guy with weird eyebrow has severe hemorrhaging, six broken ribs, and a fractured spine. The others were a bit more lucky, but they are also worn out. Either you are brave, or you brats wanted to die this bad, nobody leaves this place till they recovered or...die" Doctorine threaten them so that they can obey her command, but these two girls didn't flinch.

"You don't understand we can't stay here for three days" Nami protested.

"She's right, we're on hurry if we don't leave now then Vivi..." Yukiko didn't get to finish it because Doctorine threw two small medical knives at Nami and Yukiko but nearly missing it making the girls froze. But her Pokémon got into a protective stance.

"Like I said before none of you are going anywhere till you fully recovered and if any of you try to escape from here I'll hunt you down like animals and tie you up on the bed, do I make myself clear?" she said as she holds out another knife and scary look on her face like a real witch, Nami and Yukiko cringed at the scary old lady and silently nodded.
-----------
During their stay, Yukiko and the others learned of Chopper's sad story and that Wapol, the guy they encountered earlier was the king of this country until pirates attacked and he left to be a pirate like a coward.

But with Chopper losing his father and being treated like an outcast, Yukiko really wanted to help him, especially Bambi and he quickly became attached to the little reindeer.

But then......

Chopper barged into the room with a serious look on his face.

"Doctorine! There's trouble!.............
Wapol is back!"

Doctorine just smiled. "Is he?'

Luffy looked out the window. "Him! The annoying big mouth!"

Yukiko growled as did her Pokémon.
--------------
Another chapter!

Next is the action and Chopper joining the Crew!