Part one-hundred and thirteen

(Chloe's POV)

My leg bounced as I sat in my seat as we flew. I had an ever-increasing bad feeling that sat in the pit of my stomach. I had the same feeling right before the Sokovia Accords were enacted.

Before everything went downhill.

"Drop to 2600, heading 0-3-0," Steve told Sam as he flew the jet towards Wakanda.

"I hope you're right about this. Or we're gonna land a lot faster than you want to." Sam said changing our heading accordingly. I glanced at Wanda and Vision before being mildly disgusted and saddened.

I watched out the front as we approached a mountain and tried not to brace for impact. As flew through the trees and water and a city on the horizon materialized.

It was still cool no matter how many times you see it.

There was a sigh of relief from Sam and I almost laughed. As we got closer to the city we descended and I stood to watch as we flew through the city. Soon we got to what I remembered to be the palace and Sam landed the Quinnjet on a landing pad. I could see there was a group of people waiting for us.

I followed behind Mom next to Sam as we walked down the ramp. T'Challa stood with a group of men and women, the one standing next to him, I believed was the head of the guard. From behind me, I heard, "Should we bow?"

"Yeah, he's a king," I looked at Sam and tried not to laugh.

"Seems like I'm always thanking you for something." Steve shook T'Challa's hand.

I heard Bruce clear his throat and I saw him bowing. "Uh, we don't do that here," T'Challa said and Bruce looked at Rhodey annoyed.

I choked back my laughed and covered my mouth trying to pass it off as a cough. Sam chuckled and patted my back in a faux attempt to help my fake coughing fit.

"So how big of an assault should we be expecting?"

"Uh, sir, I think you should expect quite a big assault," Bruce said trying to catch up to the Wakandan king.

"How we looking?" Mom asked.

"You will have my Kingsguard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje, and.." T'Challa pointed to the left where Bucky stood. I smiled as I saw him approach.

"A semi-stable hundred-year-old man." He smiled as he and Steve hugged.

"How you been Buck?" Steve asked his best friend.

"Uh not bad, for the end of the world." He laughed.

"Your metal friend can be taken up to the lab," T'Challa smiled. And a few of the women led Wanda and Vision inside.

"Hey, shorty," Bucky smiled walking to me. I punched his shoulder but hugged him.

"How's my favorite semi-stable one-hundred-year-old man?" I asked.

"Ouch." Steve joked.

"Hey, we at least know you're stable mister I was frozen for forty years." I poked Steve's arm.

"She has a point," Mom told him.

                        ——————————

"How's my favorite white girl?" Shuri hugged me as I walked into her lab.

"Oh you know, holding onto my sanity." I joked.

"How's my favorite android? You kill him yet?" I asked looking at Vision lying on a table.

"No, and I don't plan on it if I can help it. Now, shall we?" She gestured as we gathered around and she began scanning Vision with her bracelet.

I really need one of those.