39. shut up rat man, I'm in my feels

Julieta was furious.

She didn't know how to deal with it. The anger was there, terrible, vengeful, but she couldn't let it out. Restless, it made her. She couldn't sleep at night. Well, she wouldn't have been able to if one night had passed. The incident had happened only two hours ago.

The day started nicely, she was on cooking duty, and she liked to cook. She even had found her old pleasure of the thing back now that people didn't seek her food for healing purposes anymore. Great.

Agustín was working on the farm. You had not seen him despite his magnetic presence, but he had seen you. And he had heard Luca complain about his crave for honey. So, happy that his idea would get him to get off his chores a bit, he headed over to old Ramiro, who was very busy watching everyone work with narrowed eyes.

"I better make sure they're not damaging any plant," he would say when asked why he spent his day sitting on the porch of the farm. People let him be, he was old, and few were the people that dared ask anything from him. He was known to be extremely grumpy.

Agustín was one of these people.

"Hey there, old friend." Your father had sat next to the man and managed to make him consider that idea. They were, indeed, old friends: with Agustín's bad luck with bees and Ramiro's role of taking care of their hives, things often clashed. But they eventually grew a bit closer over the years of the older man chasing your father away from the hives he didn't even know he was approaching.

Anyway, Ramiro accepted to execute your father's maleficent plan, which basically consisted of using the remaining honey to make small toasts for everyone working at the farm. Thanks to Luca, they all ended up thinking about the delicious ingredient and sharing his want for it.

The two men had headed to Ramiro's cabin and taken the honey pots that were left. Of course, Agustín being Agustín, had tripped on his own feet, almost dropped a honey pot and lost his balance while catching it, and after a rather hilarious chain of reactions, knocked over one of the bee hives. He was attacked, but was used to it by now, and managed to keep all the honey pots intact.

Ramiro somehow knew that would happen and simply scowled at him.

They went to find Julieta in her kitchen, and together they prepared the toasts that were now abandoned on the table of the Suarez house.

You were sitting on the couch, with Pepa pulling you into her and glaring at the wall, playing with your hair mindlessly while whispering furious death threats to everyone she had seen on the scene. On her other side, Camilo tried to calm her down so she wouldn't unconsciously pull your hair out.

On your left, holding your hand, Agustín, who couldn't feel more guilty at the moment. Not only for being at the cause of the whole thing, but also for not realising how bad the situation was for you before. From what he was told, they were all so quick to jump at you without any evidence, and that only proved how much everyone in town thought of you. He felt his heart drop every time he thought about how scared you, his little girl, must have been.

After they arrived, and everything was made clear -they didn't even have to say much, the plate of toasts Julieta was holding were enough to understand-, they all kinda apologized. It depended on the person, really. Some couldn't believe the hysteria that took over them and genuinely felt sorry. Some were bitter about being wrong, or couldn't admit it. You didn't pay attention to it, you were just glad it was over. Also, Isabela not letting go of you and crushing you in her arms was quite the distraction.

Angela? She had quietly disappeared while everyone was still processing. She knew it was best for her not to show herself in public for a little while.

She had been beaten. It was Game Over.