36. I love you

"Aye, mi amor, I was so worried... we couldn't find you..." Julieta hugs Mirabel tighter, finding relief in the brush of her daughter's curls against her cheek.

"There were bees everywhere." Agustín races up to them, covered in welts. Mirabel puts a hand on his face. "I'll be okay."

Mirabel is then tackled in a hug, brutally falling on the ground and letting out a groan. She looks down at the person that was holding her tight. A smile makes its way to her lips.

"(Y/n)." She giggles, and you glare at her.

"I had a mental breakdown because of you." You mumble accusingly before going back to hugging her. In the background, Dolores and Luca finally catch up to you, panting heavily. You were a fast runner.

"I'm sorry." She chuckles, ruffling your hair. You grunt.

"I'll be fine."

"Uh... not if we don't have a house."

Everyone turns to Camilo, who motions towards the remains of your poor house. Félix nudges him.

"What? We don't have a house. I can't say we don't have a house? What is that? Not a house."

"He ain't wrong." You murmur, and Mirabel sighs before pushing you off her and getting back up. She walks to the arch of your old house, which was still standing somehow.

"Look at this home, we need a new foundation! It may seem hopeless, but we'll get by just fine..."

You decide to stop sulking on the ground Mirabel left you and stand up to gather in front of the doorway with the rest of your family. Except one person was missing.

You wondered where Bruno had gone off to. You had no doubt he had escaped the house before it collapsed. Was he hiding somewhere in the forest?

"Look at this family, a glowing constellation! So full of stars and everybody wants to shine..."

Mirabel walks up to you and takes your hand, pulling you into the house as you both sing.

"But the stars don't burn, they shine, and the constellations shift..."

You look at Mirabel proudly, squeezing her hands as you sing the next words.

"I think it's time you learn..."

"... you're more than just your gift." Mirabel completes your sentence with a smile, turning to the rest of your family. Abuela stands in the doorway, looking as sorry as ever. You still feel conflicted about her.

"And I'm sorry I held on so tight, just so afraid I'd lose you too..." She turns towards the archway, under which Bruno is trying to hide rather unsuccessfully. "The miracle is not some magic that you've got, the miracle is you, not some gifts, just you..."

Julieta and Pepa run to Bruno, who was hesitant walking up to them, to hug the life out of him. You smile seeing your uncle's eyes close in comfort, the comfort only coming back home after a long day of work can provide. Bruno was home.

"So... We gonna talk about Bruno?" Camilo sings, as Carlos creeps up behind you, his hair hiding the bandaged wound on his forehead. He was limping, though, from his ankle injury. Luckily, it wasn't too serious.

"Why aren't you screaming your lungs out right now? Tío's back!"

"I know." Is all you say, leaving him even more confused.

"That's Bruno!" Antonio points to Bruno, the uncle he was meeting for the first time.

Said Bruno nods awkwardly.