Part one-hundred and eleven

(Chloe's POV)

The Quinjet was silent aside from the engine quietly rumbling. I stared out the cockpit at the lights of the city. There was a sense of calm in the dark, hovering over me. Something warm, and comforting.

There was some sort of presence that came from the dark night. Something that was protecting me almost. Like something knew that something bad was going to happen soon and wanted to stop it.

Or I'm going crazy which is always an option with me.

I looked back at the screen playing the news footage of Tony. The bad phone camera quality showing him flying down the streets of New York. I took a shaky breath as I watched the clip of the circular spaceship crashing into a building.

I had a bad feeling about everything yet to come. I had a sense of danger hanging in the back of my mind that I couldn't shake. Something was coming, I just couldn't tell what.

"Chloe, we're on our way back. Bring the jet down." Steve's voice came through the control.

"On it," I said sitting down and taking the Quinjet down before setting it on the ground. I lowered the ramp before running down to meet them.

Steve met me first and he patted my shoulder before continuing into the jet. Sam and Wanda were supporting Vision as they walked up with Mom right behind them. "Chloe?" Steve called and I moved back up to the cockpit, giving Wanda a smile on the way. "Take us up."

"Okay," I climbed in the seat and started the takeoff quickly.

"Now, I thought we had a deal." Mom said as she closed the ramp. "Stay close, check in, don't take any chances."

She sounds pissed.

"I'm sorry." Wanda apologized. "We just wanted time."

"Where to, Cap?" Sam asked as he stood behind me.

I looked back at him waiting for a moment before he said the one word I've waited two years to hear.

Home.

I looked up at Sam who nodded, and I put in the coordinates I had memorized by heart. I could feel my heart beating wildly. I was finally going to go home.

———————

I wiped the blood from my nose annoyed. I was going to be in so much pain later. "Here," Wanda handed me a tissue.

"Thanks. How's your head?"

"It's been worse. I'll be fine." She helped me to a seat across from Vision.

"You made the Quinjet invisible," Vision looked impressed. "You are aware you could just use the cloaking device, correct?"

"It's busted. The guy who got Mom this one didn't realize how much work it needed. We tried fixing it, but no luck." I told him checking my nose. "So I'm the resident cloaking master."

"I'm impressed." I smiled at Vision, taking the compliment.

The jet rocked as we landed and I took a deep breath. "Welcome home," I smiled at Wanda and Vision.

"Welcome home,"

There were fewer people than I expected when we walked off the jet. In fact, we didn't meet a single person until we were to the elevator. He looked shocked to see us and I smiled at him. I felt a twinge as I dug around in his brain and he looked back down at his work.

The walk was like a walk down memory lane. Every room we passed I had some sort of memory tied to it. Some moment that I had that was special.

But all of them were special now.

Ahead of us was Rhodey and Secretary Ross, who was a hologram. "You have second thoughts?" Ross asked.

"Not anymore."

The two men look in our direction as we walked toward them. Mom and Steve were ahead of me, and Sam, Wanda, and Vision were behind me.

It was all very dramatic like. Think movie dramatic.

"Mr. Secretary," Steve said as we came to a stop.

"You got some nerve. I'll give you that." Ross acknowledged and I scoffed mentally.

"You could use some of that right now." Mom told him.

"The world's on fire. And you think all is forgiven?" Ross asked Steve.

"I'm not looking for forgiveness. And I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight." Steve stepped closer. "If you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too."

Ross turned to Rhodey. "Arrest them."

"All over it." Rhodey swiped his hand across and Ross disappeared. "That's a court-martial."

I watched in hesitation at what would happen. "It's great to see you, Cap." Steve and Rhodey shook hands and I smiled.

"You too, Rhodey."

I knew there was a reason I didn't hate him.

Mom and Rhodey hugged and I looked back at Vision. He was starting to look worse if that was possible.

"Wow, you guys...really look like crap. Must have been a rough couple years."

"Yeah, well, the hotels weren't exactly five star." Sam joked.

"You have no idea," I said.

"Uh, I think you look great." Bruce walked in wearing a bunch of torn clothes.

Oh my gosh...

"Yeah, I'm back."

"Hi, Bruce." Mom said.

Bruce fidgeted with his hands and arms nervously. "Nat."

"This is so awkward." I groaned and Sam chuckled.

I stepped forward and walked slowly. I moved in between Mom, Steve, and Rhodey and made my way to Bruce. We stared at each other for a minute before I reached up and slapped him. Once. Twice.

He looked at me shocked but didn't seem to be in pain. I hoped not since I didn't even hit him very hard. "That was for hurting her, and that was for leaving," I told him before hugging him. Brice stiffened but hugged me back after a quick second to recover.

I was also much taller than the last time I saw him which I realized while hugging him.

"It's good to see you," I told him pulling back.

"You too," He smiled awkwardly.

"We have a lot to talk about," Steve said and I nodded.

Okay, so here we go. Straight into Infinity war. I'm excited for this because it means that I get to get into the fun stuff. But here you go, hope you guys enjoy!