34. the end of a miracle

"Abuela!" Mirabel sits up with a smile, excited to show your grandmother you had saved the magic.

"Ugh, Abuela..." You stay on the floor, making an angel in the flowers -a flower angel? A flower-snow angel?- before Isabela makes them all disappear, leaving you alone on the ground like an abandoned mop.

You sigh and stand up, brushing some dust off your skirt.

You didn't really listen to what Mirabel was saying, but of course, she got cut by your lovely grandmother.

"What are you talking about?! Look at our home! Look at your sisters!"

You gasp, offended.

"What about u-" Isabela nudges you to tell you not to worsen the situation. She seemed anxious.

"Please, just, Isabela wasn't happy, and-"

"Of course she isn't happy, you ruined her proposal!"

"Geez, woman, just listen to her-" You step towards, angry that Abuela wouldn't hear Mirabel's side of the story, but get ignored again.

"No, no! She needed me to ruin her proposal, and then we did all of this and the candle burned brighter and the cracks-"

"Mirabel-"

"Abuela-"

"That's why I'm in the vision. I'm saving the miracle!"

"You have to stop, Mirabel!"

Silence falls on the room at Abuela's outburst. You realize your whole family has joined you in the courtyard, silently watching the show. Were they able to see you, though?

As you looked down at your feet, like one usually does when the atmosphere turns serious, you noticed you could see the floor. Through your own feet.

"Yo, what the hell!" You exclaim, getting no reaction whatsoever from the other people in the room. "I just got ignored once, you stupid bitch ass gift. Stop being so dramatic."

As Abuela starts speaking, you come to the conclusion that as you were getting more and more transparent, your voice was getting just as quieter. You curse your gift, but at the same time, start growing anxious. Something was wrong again.

"The cracks started with you. Bruno left because of you. Luisa's losing her powers, Isabela's out of control, (Y/n)'s insufferable, because of you!"

"Don't drag me into this!" You wave a finger under her nose, which she can't see. You would have found it funny had your gift not been acting up.

You had fixed the candle. Were things not supposed to go back to normal?

"I don't know why you weren't given a gift, but it's not an excuse for you to hurt this family!"

Cracks emerge from Abuela, making you take a few steps back in shock. You had fixed everything!

"Oh, you fucked up." You let out, visibly angry. Well, maybe not so visibly, considering you were invisible. "Well done! Well done! Now we're all gonna die!" You throw your hands in the air, pacing around them frustratedly. "Don't try to visit me in hell because I'll be slamming the door right back in your face, honey!"

They still can't see you, and you sigh tiredly, shaking your hands to try and make your gift do something. Doesn't work, and now you've got that slight pain in the tip of your fingers.

"I will never be good enough for you." Mirabel starts, and you stop in your tracks -and whines- when you see your sister's heartbroken face. Your shoulders drop, and you wish you could hug her and take her away from here. "Will I? No matter how hard I try."