Chapter 90

A few days passed while everyone, most importantly Jamil, recovered at Scarabia from the whole coup-turned-overblot situation. In that time, the little bit of homework anyone had was finished. With the spirits of everyone lifting, Kalim declared, "Let's all celebrate today with a feast!"

"You sure love to have feasts, now, don't you?" Jamil made a snide remark. He had gotten comfortable letting those slip out very early in his recovery.

Azul tried to placate him. "Now, now, it's fine. I think it would be nice for everyone if we had a nice holiday party."

"The camels are loaded up with plenty of water and food," Jade chimed in with an update.

Floyd jumped behind his brother holding a bundle of clothes. "I also got our swimsuits so we can go swimming in the oasis!"

"Well then," Kalim beamed, "let's get the elephants and peacocks and begin our parade to the oasis!"

"Looks like we have one more march in the desert to do," Yuu jokingly sighed.

"At least this time we don't have to worry about dying of dehydration," I said as I slung an arm around their shoulder.

Grim jumped onto both our backs and screamed," Let the parade begin!"

"So, now that the party is ready, let's eat, sing, dance, and forget about all the bade things from this year," Kalim started everything off with a jubilant speech.

"Easier said then done, but let's go with it," Yuu muttered which I barely caught.

"Come, Jamil! Come over and dance with me!" Kalim was quick to run to his friend now rival with bountiful energy.

Jamil seemed to double in on himself as Kalim grabbed his hands. "I-I'm fine!" It fell on deaf ears though. Kalim dragged him to an open portion around the oasis. Music started and Kalim started dancing with Jamil. At first, the vice dorm leader was reluctant, but he soon got into it.

"They are both great dancers," Jade commented. He turned a smiling face towards his boss. "Why don't you ask them to teach you, Azul?"

"Stop please," Azul requested. He looked nervous as he readjusted his glasses. "That hurdle would be too high for a mermaid such as myself."

"I wanna dance too~!" Floyd cheered as he went towards the growing dance floor.

"Do you want to dance, Viv?" Yuu asked me as we sat under a palm tree.

I shook my head assuredly as I leaned on the tree. "Not really. I've never been much of a dancer."

"Really?" Yuu looked at the happy crowd and pursed their lips. "Well, you better become one quick."

"Why? Are you gonna drag me to dance?"

"No, but he will," Yuu pointed. I turned to see Floyd barreling towards me.

"Leafy Sea Dragon!" he called. When Floyd was within my bubble, he hoisted me up off the ground. "Don't be a boring old clam! Come dance with me!"

"But I'm good at being a clam~" I whined. "Besides, I don't dance!"

"So? Just do what I do!" Floyd chirped as he spun me around.

I felt like a ragdoll as he forcibly danced with me. It reminded me of when my dad would spin me around with my feet flying behind me. I let out nervous bursts of laughter as the rush of adrenaline hit me. Floyd would swing me under his legs only to pull me back up over his head. Another move he had me do consisted of us linking arms and skipping in a promenade style before turning around to go a different direction. What seemed to be a favorite of his was when he twirled me. Whenever he did so, my braids would fan out around me. They'd hit his sides repeatedly, each making a soft thwack as they did so.