Chapter 86

Jamil laughed on as Kalim shook his shoulders. "...This is exactly what I mean," Jamil pushed Kalim off with a bored expression. Kalim was stunned. "For as long as I can remember, you've always been so friendly and stupid..."

I saw him clench his fist before shoving Kalim back harshly. He screamed, "I'VE ALWAYS HATED YOU!!" We were all stunned into silence. "You have no idea ow much I've struggled my entire life! Every time I see you smile; it makes me sick! I've had enough! There's no point trying to repair anything anymore. I've prayed every single day for you disappear. But that all ends today!"

I blinked. From his eyes I saw flicks of a purple and red mist leaking out. Tiny drops of black caught in the corners.

Oh no...

"For my family..." Jamile seethed.

"Guys! Look AWAY!" I screamed out.

"I'll do whatever it takes!" Jamil declared.

"Wait, Jamil!" Kalim tried to stop him. I jumped in front and covered his eyes.

We stumbled a bit as I averted my gaze too. "What part about 'look away' don't you understand boy?!"

"The one that is reflected in your eyes is your master!" A large, red and purple mist pulsated in the corner of my vision. "If I ask, you answer, if I order, bow your head to my command! Snake Whisper!"

"Aaaah!!!" the cry of the students reached my ears. "Ughh...my head!!"

"Wha!? No way, he's trying to brainwash everyone in the dorm!" Azul cried. I lowered my hand from Kalim's face and looked myself. There was an army of brainwashed students.

"Yuu~!" I worriedly called out. I left Kalim's side and ran to my dorm leader. Yuu put an arm out in front of me in a protective manner.

"Now, get Kalim and Octavinelle out of here!" Jamil ordered.

"Yes, Master..."

"Jamil!" Kalim called out.

"We have to defend ourselves!" Yuu said. "Grim, try to keep them at bay without hurting them!"

"Nyaa~fine!" Grim blasted a stream of blue fire in front of us. It formed a wall around us. Hypnotized students trudged through the flames without even a flinch. "Gah! They aren't stopping!"

"They're burning themselves!" I worriedly cried. I stepped forward. "Grim! Put out your flames!"

"I got it, I got it! Why am I listening to henchmen anyway?!" Grim complained as he put out the magical wall of fire. "Why don't you do something Viv?!"

"Ahh!" I incoherently yelled as I summoned a multitude of vines to wrap around some of the students. They still struggled. "This is as good as it will get from me!"

"Crap..." Yuu spat as they pulled us back.

As I concentrated on keeping the handful of students I had subdued, I saw another pulse of hypnotic magic aimed towards Azul and Floyd. "Guys! Incoming!"

The magic redirected to the ceiling. Azul looked perturbed. "Impossible! He can't possibly control all these people at once!"

"Well, I may be seeing things, but it looks like he's controlling them!" Yuu sassed the octo-mer.

Azul huffed at the curt jab as he readjusted his glasses. "He isn't just an average student. His magic is so powerful, he might even be at the top of the class at this entire school, let alone Scarabia."

"AZUL! Please save your fanboying for AFTER we stop the mindless hoard coming at us!" I yelled at him as I summoned more vines to replace the ones that broke.

Azul jumped in place as a Scarabia member was flipped in front of him. Floyd had a troubled knit in his brow. In the deep voice that did not suit him, he complained, "No matter how many times I squeeze them, they keep getting back up! Are they zombies?"

Kalim was dodging students lunging at him as he tried to reach Jamil. He pleaded, "Jamil, STOP! That's enough! I get it! I'll go home, so you can be dorm leader!"

"Huh? What are you saying?" Jamil looked disgusted. "The curse I have on me isn't that easy to break. Kalim, as long as you exist in this world, I cannot have peace!"

He sent another blast of hypnotic aura to keep control of his dorm members. I saw the black residue that pooled around his eyes. I called out desperately, "Jamil, please stop this! You're already accumulating blot! If you keep this up, you'll overblot!"

"Shut up! Don't order me around!" Jamil snapped at me with a growl to it. "I'm not going to listen to anyone's orders any longer!"

"DUDE!! I'M JUST TRYING TO MAKE SURE YOU DON'T DIE!!" I yelled back. I just about had enough of all this. Yuu held me back by my elbow. "BUT NAH! YOU GO AHEAD BEING A DUMB COCONUT HEAD!!"

"I WILL BE FREE!!!" Jamil screeched with unhinged eyes.

"Viv..." Yuu pulled back. The sand around us turned black. A ring of ink pooled at Jamil's feet.

"I see it..." I sneered as I scooted Grim away. The ink shot up like a curtain. The tunnel of black obscured Jamil from us. Ink rained down on us, slowly revealing Jamil.

Ink stained his hands and travelled up his arms. A red dress with cut outs on his shoulders draped over his greyed skin. What looked like black leather belts strapped and crisscrossed around his torso. Gold ornaments adorned him, beads, disks, and a crown. Shoulder pads with a net design were made of ink. A black turban fell into a tattered red cape. His hair was now ink black snakes with ruby red eyes. Black tattoos decorated his face. Blobs of ink hovered over him. His eyes scanned the room with their dull grey color. A burgundy flame of magic aura flared from his left eye.

"HOOOOOOOO!!!!!" Yuu and I gasped as we clung to each other.

"What is that?! Is that Jamil?!" Kalim sputtered.

"The air around us has changed! This is the same thing that happened with Azul..." Jade observed. An evident frown was worn. Sure enough, the air was thick, and sparks flew. A wine-red haze with purple smoke clouded the hall.

Azul growled, "Overblot!"

"I tried to warn him!" I made a snarky comment.

"This is going to be troublesome since we don't have any reinforcements," Azul's voice quivered.

"Did he fall into evil bersek mode?!" Grim screamed.

"The negative energy from the blot is rising! Everyone, take cover!" Azul instructed. A large gust of choking wind pushed on us. I slipped and lost my grip on Yuu. The wind started to throw me back.

"Viv!" Yuu reached to grab me again.

"Woah!" I flailed as I tried to ground myself. I then felt my back land on something I've felt before.

"I got you, Leafy Sea Dragon," Floyd assured me in my ear.

I'd feel better if it wasn't for the voice...

"Incompetent Kings! Scammers! I have no use for any of you!" Jamil's distorted voice echoed around us. "Get thrown off to the ends of the earth! And never return! WHOOPEEE!!!" He made a motion like he was hitting a golf ball with a club. There was a split second when we all reacted with shock before a flash of light and a gust of wind sent us flying out the window.

"AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!" We all screamed. I instinctively clung onto Floyd as his arms wrapped tightly around me.

I could hear Jamil laugh as we went, "NICE SHOT!! AHAHAHAHA!! GOODBYE KALIM! HAHAHA!!!"