{ 8: Another Face. }

______________________
1951.

"If we dont want those commies getting your country, then, yeah." America sighed as he sat on the crate, he too participated in the war. "Just shut up.." Korea snapped. He sat by a crate aswell, drinking some water. They had just gotten some goods like food, water, all a person would need.
Martial stood by the nurse's tent, waiting for Philip to get his hand wound treated. He tapped his foot, not wanting to join in on the conversation the United States and one of the Korean brothers were having.

"Alright, that should be about fine." The nurse tried her best in speaking english. Philip nodded with a fake smile. "Thanks." he got up and walked out of the tent, it wasnt serious but it hurt. Either way he needed to fight.

"Maayos ba and pakiramdam mo? (Are you feelings alright?)" Martial asked his younger brother, Philip nodded in reply. "Those forces really took a toll on me.." Philip sighed, looking up at his older brother. "We won. That's what's matters." He sighed, Philip rubbed the bandage wrapped around his hand.

Martial took away his hand, shaking his head. Philippines frowned. Most soldiers were either in their tents, outside or even drinking.

"Well, actually.. Philip, you can go back home for a few weeks. Let me handle this." Martial looked at him with a look Philip has never seen before, Philip shook his head.

"We could've just send the fighting units instead of going with them, but I dont want to be called the one who left. Besides.." He looked over to America who sat down, resting his arm on his leg while staring off  the distance.

"Right, you love him. But I dont." Martial shielded his eyes away from the sun with his hat, patting Philip's back. He then walked away into their shared tent.

"If only he knew.."

~•~

"Tch, wala dito. Let's make a move."
{Nothing here.}

Philippines said, he looked around the territory, all the bushes, up on the trees, anywhere with a possibility a unit from the other side was hiding.

His team included several people, which were all filipino.

Martial, beforehand requested to lead the group but Philippines declined and said he need to rest. After all, he was tired and he's been scouting the whole day.

He reluctantly agreed, and stayed in the tent.

Martial earned it, they both fought hard in the battle of Yultong those few days ago.

It was quite silent, except for the fact the wind, rustling of the trees and the stomps on the ground. No one talked unless there was something to report.

It was afternoon, somewhere around two o'clock.

"Reports?" Philip turned around to hear the footsteps of some other units who had covered ground in another area.

"Ang lahat ay malinaw. { Everything is clear. }" One of the filipinos said. Philip bobbed his head in response, and continued walking as they joined back in. The rustling trees were heard, and some rustles in the bushes. A few people checked it out, and shook their heads, finding nothing, but Philip was cautious.