Chapter 5 - The Couple Contest

People began to gather in front of the stage and some mascot characters showed up to warm up the crowd

People began to gather in front of the stage and some mascot characters showed up to warm up the crowd. A moment later a group of young dancers made their way to the centre of the stage and launched into a song and dance routine.

When the performance was over, a young man in his late twenties took the stage to introduce the contest.

"How is everyone today?" He said enthusiastically. "Thank you for joining us. We're here from New Reoma World to help you celebrate your Spring Break."

He waited for the crowd to respond, giving them time to clap and cheer before continuing.

"How you ask?" He paused again to let the audience guess. "That's simple. We want to help everyone here enjoy the springtime of their youth at our Amusement Park by offering a Couples Discount. From now until the 4th of April, any couples who come to the park will receive a 25% discount on all ticket types."

The crowd cheered.

"That's right," the announcer continued. "What better time to ask that special someone out on a romantic date to an Amusement Park? We even have a special place where you can make a wish and if you land two coins, rumour has it you and your loved one will live together in happiness."

He paused for the crowd's reaction again. Some of the girls cheered, some laughed and there was a lot of excitement.

The announcer moved to the side of the stage we're everyone was seated.

"In keeping with our theme, we've brought together 3 couples from the local High School and 3 couples from the Junior High in this area. We're giving one lucky couple the chance to experience the best that New Reoma World has to offer. They'll be spotlighted at the Park as the Number 1 Couple for the day and will be given full VIP treatment with all expenses paid during their time at the park. How great does that sound?"

The announcer smiled at the crowed and paused again as he waited for the cheers to settle down.

"Now, I'm going to explain the contest. There will be audience participation of course. We're going to leave the final outcome up to you to decide. You'll notice a pocket whiteboard and marker under your seats. You'll be using this to vote for your favourite couple at the end of each round."

He waited for the crowed to reach under their seats and locate the writing implements.

"There will be 3 main rounds in total and the two couples who receive the most votes will then go into a final showdown which we'll explain later. The main rounds will consist of a series of questions that'll be used to not only find out how well the couples know each other, but will help you, the audience get to know them as well."

The announcer then waited as a young woman in an Alice cosplay wheeled in a large whiteboard.

"It's time for round 1 to start. Let's introduce our couples. We'll begin on the end here with our Junior High students." He looked down at Nishikata and Takagi and smiled.