Abigail's Quinceanera

"Aye! Do you have to pull so hard?"

"Stop complaining."

All of the preparations for Abigail's Quince were finally complete. Casita was decorated with simple streamers and little butterfly cut-outs. Julieta had put the finishing touches on the food (including the cup-cakes since so many people were there). Gifts were stacked neatly on a table along one wall. The entire town would be there. Everything was looking good for the big night.

Camilo sat in front of his vanity with his sister pulling his hair back with a brush. She wasn't nearly as gentle as Abbi had been, but he'd deal with it. This was all for her anyway.

"Couldn't you just shift you're hair however you wanted?"

"Well, yeah. But this way, I know that I actually put in the effort to look good for her. Plus, I'd have to constantly think about my hair. This is Abbi's night, not mine."

As Dolores put a few pins in his hair to keep it from falling out, she smiled. Her little brother really was growing up. It was all happening so fast.

"You already have the girl." She put her hands on his shoulders and squeezed them in reassurance. "No need to impress her anymore, Cami."

He looked at her through the mirror, then back at himself. "Yeah, I know. It doesn't hurt, though."

Dolores wrapped her arms around him as he leaned his head on her arm, mindful of his hair. The sibling's stayed that way for a few minutes. Enjoying the little bit of quiet between them.

"I love her, Lola."

"I know," she said, kissing his cheek. "We'd better get down there. Isa and Mira should have her ready soon."

He stood, checking himself over one last time before following his sister out of his room. Once they were down stairs, Camilo was immediately engulfed into the arms of his mother. Happy tears sliding down her face and a cloud forming above her head.

"Oh, just look at you. So handsome. Like you're father."

He smiled at that. "Mami, you don't have to cry. We're not getting married."

"Yet."

The shape-shifter blushed and shot his sister a look while trying to calm their weeping mother. When their father came around the corner with their youngest sibling and Dante, he put his hands together, clearly needing Felix's help. Grateful when her grip loosened.

"Pepi, amor. You're gonna get him wet with the rain."

She let go only to lightly cup his face. With a teary smile still plastered on hers, Pepa kissed his forehead. Camilo would be lying if he said he didn't enjoy the attention. He was proud to be called a mama's boy, after all.

"You clean up well, Camilo," said Dante.

"Gracias, Señor."

With a pat on the back, Dante made his way to the bottom of the staircase to wait for his daughter. Antonio tugged at his brothers hand, a bashful look on his young face. "Do you think Abbi will like my present?"

"She's gonna love it," he said, kneeling down and ruffling the slightly less messy black hair.

Then the youngest Madrigals attention was drawn behind his brother. His eyes went wide and he almost ran in the direction of his gaze in excitement. When Camilo turned around his jaw dropped to the floor.

Abigail was standing at the top of the stairs with his cousins on either side of her. She was breathtaking. The dress she wore was a beautiful shade of lavender (Mirabel had really out-done herself), her hair was done in a delicate, yet flattering style, and he wasn't sure if her blush was do to the make-up or the face that every single pair of eyes was on her.