Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Two Heartbeats.

The Guzmans hurriedly left the Casa Madrigal, dodging more chaos andanimals on the way. Behind them is Abuela Alma following them in panic and distress. Mirabel follows into thecourtyard as well. 

"Señora, por favor!" Albuela Alma called.

"Abuela, please -- there's gotta bean explanation!" Mirabel yelled, Not a few seconds later Isabela stomps past Mirabel. "I hate you!"

Luisa races past Mirabel, sobbing. "Ahh, I'm a loser!" Behind her is a worried Agustin following after his daughter. "Luisa!"

Laticia was the next one who walks out of the Casa, her expression filled with pain and there was no smile on her face, Leo was beside her carefully rubbing her aching back seeming to try to ease the pain of the girl.

Laticia saw Mirabel and frowned at her. "I told you to stay out of it, but you just won't listen. I expected too much." Laticia said with a disappointed sigh before smiling at her softly and slowly walk away with Leo.

"Wait Laticia!"Mirabel tried to stop her twin but stiffen when Leo frown and glared at her.

Pepa then runs out, her weather going crazy. "What did you do?!"

Mirabel was helpless seeing more cracks ripple through the house. "I'm not doing anything! It'sBruno's vision! It's..." Mirabel froze seeing the green shards being carried away by rats.

"The magic is strong! EVERYTHING ISFINE! We are the Madrigals!" Abuela tried to reassure the people and then entered the house. The door shuts heavily, and everyone could hear the angry voice of Abuela Alma. "MIRABEL!" 

Thunder CLAPS!

"Is it still hurting?" Leo gently ask his fiance who smiled gently and gratefully at him.

"It's alright, you taking care of me made it disappear like magic." Leo's eyebrow rose as he huskily chuckled at what the girl said.

"It's true," Laticia said with a pout, "After all compared to my gift you are more like a gift, My gift." The girl sweetly smiled.

Leo search for any false expression and emotion on the girl's face and smiled when he didn't see anything. "What a smile mouth you got there," 

Leo movie closer towards Laticia's face and gently rub her cheek. "So, you really obeyed what I told you to."

Laticia was flustered at what the male said and shyly played with the corner of his shirt. "Yes, After all you said I look beautiful when i smile genuinely. I wanted to make you look at me,"

Leo's eyes widen and went back to it's original calmness but the redness on his neck and ears and the light shake on his hands showed every emotions the male wouldn't dare to show, the embarrassment, anticipation, and ecstasy.

"Because I like you, I like you before the arrangement, I like you the day I got my gift." Leo who was happy was about to say something when suddenly a loud thud sounded behind Laticia causing the girl to scream in surprise.

Because she was startled paired with her still in disarray gift, a bunch of flowers, sweets, glitters and rainbows poured down on her, causing her to get buried alive.

Leo quickly shove the things away and chuckled at the embarrassed face of his fiance. Without any much though and any hesitation. Leo presses a kiss on her lips.

A minute later, Leo pulled away and press their foreheads together. "I like you too, I like you before the arrangement, I like you before you got your gift. I like you since the day I met you."

Three days before the gift ceremony of the twins. Laticia was staring at Mirabel happily walking with their abuela around the town.

The girl didn't know what's jealous is, but she knows what sadness is. The 5 year old Madrigal didn't know what made her different from her twin, What made their abuela more attentive towards Mirabel.

Was it because the other was a wonder? A more possible kid to get a gift? Or is it because she looks cuter and more adorable?

Laticia didn't know and doesn't wanna know.

It was always like this, Mirabel first Mirable this, Mirable that. laticia wanted to be first too, she wanted her family to care and ask about her too.

"Are you okay?" Laticia heard someone asking her from behind. Turning around, Laticia saw a boy around the same age of her staring at her curiously.

In his hand seems to be a ball, in dirt are on his knees and top. He looks like he was playing before approaching her. "Hm," Laticia said while nodding and stared curiously at him.

"Who are you? I'm Laticia," The boy smiled widely at her and reach out his hadn when he realized his hands has dirt on them. He quickly wiped them on his pants cleanly before reaching out again.

"Leo, as in Lion!" Laticia beams and stared curiosly at his hand.

"What are you doing with your hands?" Leo smiled at her gently before answering.

"We have to hand shake, My mama said if you meet somene knew you have to be polite and shake their hands after telling them your name."

Laticia nods before doing what she was doing. The girl blank out because of the weirdness she felt before deciding to hug him instead.

"Wait, I'm dirty!" Leo protest but heard a muffled 'I don't care' from the girl causing him to hug her back instead.

"You should go back playing, your friends might be searching for you." Laticia worriedly said after pulling away from the hug.

Leo grinned and held her hand. "It's okay, They won't mind. I can play with if you want. Well, only if you want to."

Laticia felt her cheeks warming causing Leo to grin with his ears red and then, A heartbeat.

On the day Laticia received her gift, She watch as the people were all over Mirabel, worrying about her and the Encanto's safety and were concern about the miracle.

Laticia wanted to show everyone her awesome gift but didn't know what to do when they are all staring at one person. Then she felt a tap on her shoulder.

The girl turn around and saw Leo staring at her happily. "Did you get a gift? Was is it?" Laticia pause before beaming. She pointed at her door and the at the mushroom beside her.

"I imagined a mushroom companion and it appeared! I don't know what it is called but It's amazing!" Leo was happy when she saw the girl beaming in happiness. Badump

The boy thought for a few seconds before speaking. "I think it's called illusion, I read somewhere that illusionist make something out of the blue without any materials just by her will and imagination." The boy said causing the girl to happily laugh.

"Then I guess my gift is Illusion, but I want to keep describing it as making imagination into reality though." The girl said while pouting.

"Then we will call it Miracle then. A gift that makes imagination into reality, Which is impossible but become possible. A Miracle." The girl covered her red cheeks as she giggled happily. Badump Badump.

Abuela Alma turn to praise the other Madrigal after she was finished being occupied with Mirabel. And saw the two happy children who was holding hands. She smiled and didn't dare to destroy the warm and blissful atmosphere of the two.

"Let's go see your room?" Leo offered, Causing Laticia to nod. She opened her door, and the two giddily entered the room, while carefully feeling the synchronize Two Heartbeats.