Chapter 8

Chapter 8: D for Dinner Disaster

Mirabel is horrified seeing the vision contain of her standing in front of Casita, what is worse is that Casita is filled with cracks. However, Mirabel seems to be the most unlucky person alive since while she's panicking Her papa's voice sounded outside her room.

"Miraboo. Got your party pants on,'cause I do-- "Agustín stops as he pokes his head in and sees the vision. Helooks to Mirabel, concerned. 

Casita quickly andungracefully tries to cover it up. Mirabel looks at Agustín,considers lying, but realizes she should just spill it. 

"I... broke into Bruno's tower, Ifound his last vision, the family'sin trouble, the magic is dying, thehouse is breaking, Luisa's gift isfading and I think it's all becauseof... me?"

Agustín who understood everything, stared at Mirabel, stunned. 

"Pa?" Mirabel called cautiously. 

Agustin eyes go wider... and his mind started or trying to formulate a plan. Agustínthen shoves the vision into his pockets. 

"We say nothing, Abuela wantstonight to be perfect, 'til theGuzmans leave, you did not breakinto Bruno's tower, the magic isnot dying, the house is notbreaking, Luisa's gift is notfading, no one will know, just actnormal, no one has to know." Agustin said while smiling, trying to hide his panics.

Suddenly there's a noise, and they turn to around and the door slowly opened revealing Dolores standing allthe way across the courtyard, her eyes exposes that she heard everything the pair of daughter and father said.

"I know." Dolores said, a hint of panic and dear in her voice.

"She's gonna tell everyone." Mirabel said horrified.

And the the pair heard Abuela Alma's sweet but firm tone. "Time to eat!" 

Agustín realizes they're busted, beyond saving. "Miércoles."

The Madrigal family, plus Leo, Mariano and his Abuela Guzman sat at the dining table. Laticia who was sitting beside Dolores, noticed the odd behavior of her papa, her twin sister, Dolores. Leo who sat between Camilo and Laticia stared at the girl in confusion when he noticed her pausing.

"What's wrong?" Leo calmly ask causing Laticia to snap out of her suspicion towards the three and continued putting food on her plate.

"It's nothing," Leo thought nothing more and went back to what he was doing.

"The Guzmans and the Madrigalstogether will be so good for theEncanto." Abuela Alma said.

"Yes, then let's hope tonight is nota horrible disaster." Abuela Guzma happily respondd,

Abuela Alma chuckled and made a toast. "To a perfect night. Salud!"

"Salud!" Everyone followed.

Mirabel does her best to act normal as she maintainsunwavering eye contact with Dolores, who struggles to keepthe secret hidden, her stiff and about to explode expression shows her failing attempt to hide her secret. 

As the Abuelas lightly chuckle, Mirabel keeps staring at Dolores, willing hernot to divulge the secret. 

"I assumed that all was well in LaCasa Madrigal...though, when itcomes to my Mariano, it is alwaysbest to see for myself."

A bowl of avocado was passed in front of Mirabel, blocking herview of Dolores. "Avocado?" Mariano offered.

As the avocados pass, Dolores who couldn'thold out any longerm leans towards Laticia and whispered everything she heard. Laticia who was cutting her food listened intently.