Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Surface Pressure

Laticia saw Mirabel approaching Dolores, and decided to approach as well to gt some food.

Laticia paused for a few seconds seeing Dolores stacking her plate with food and then sigh in amusement. it turns out it was Camilo dressed as Dolores so he could get more food. Laticia though didn't expose him and went to get more food.

"Camilo! Stop pretending you'reDolores so you can have seconds." Laticia heard her Tio said and saw him standing with dolores.

Laticia snickers when The "Dolores" infront of Mirabel, morphs back into "Camilo." Casito takes his food back and whacks his hand. Causing Laticia to watch in amusement.

"Worth a shot." Casita tried to hit him again causing the boy to dodge and exclaim. "Ah! Ey!"

Camilo walks away and Laticia slowly followed, freezing a little when she heard her older cousin mentioning her name.

"The only one worried about themagic is you... and the ratstalking in the walls... oh, and Luisa. I heard hereye twitching all night. Laticia might be worried too, I don't really know, She's always smiling after all." The real Dolores said towards Mirabel who listened intently.

Laticia quickly left when she noticed Mirabel snapping her head towards her.

"Everyone to the table. Let's go,let's go --" Abuela Alma said, agitated.

Laticia sat beside Dolores and watch as Mirabel stole the seat beside Luisa.

"Family, we are all thankful for Antonio's wonderful new... gift... " Abuela goes to her chair, but finds Coatis sitting on it.

"I told 'em to warm up your seat." Antonio smiles to Abuela, who smiled back. the Latter gently made the coatis leave before sitting.

"Thank you, Toñito. I'm sure todaywe'll find a way to put yourblessings to good use...." Abuela Alma trailed off before continuing. "...as must we all, we are thecaretakers of this Encanto..."

As Abuela continues, Laticia could see Mirabel leaning over to Luisa. Before focusing back to her food.

"You do!" The family all turned to Mirabel who pounds the table in excitement.

"Mirabel." Abuela Alma called causing Mirabel to look up, seeing that she was busted by Abuela for talking while Abuela was giving a speech.

"If you can't pay attention I will help you." Abuela Alma said sternly.

"Actually, I--"

"Casita?" Abuela Alma interrupted.

Casita moves Mirabel away from Luisa and put her beside their Abuela.

"As I was saying, we must never take our miracle for granted, so today,we will work twice as hard." Abuela said.

"Mhmm, I will help Luisa --" Mirabel took this opportunity and stands to go back to Luisa, but was stopped by her Abuela.

"Stop. First, an announcement." Abuela Alma stood up. "I'vespoken to the Guzmans aboutMariano's proposal to Isabela. Dolores, do we have a date?"

Dolores perked up and listened to somewhere. "Tonight.... He wants five babies."

Laticia choked and laugh at what her older cousin said and showed a thumbs up towards Isabela who nervously sprouts some flowers, obviously Laticia's encourangement and support didn't help from easing her nervousness.

"Wonderful, such a fine young manwith our perfect Isabela," Abuela Alma said, plucking out the flower that has different color from the rest on Isabela's hair. "Will bring a new generation of magical blessings andmake both of our families stronger."