Chapter Twenty-Five

The air between them was tense as he led her away from the main entrance, going down a long ornate hallway passing paintings and other displayed artwork. The house of Lamentation was breathtaking, not as ornate and flashy as the castle, but it held its own charm and air of wonder. She wished she had time to fully enjoy the sights yet she was busy speed walking to keep up with Lucifer's long agitated steps.

She didn't have to use her powers to see he was upset about being caught off guard, probably embarrassed... It wasn't like she meant to hide her pact with Satan, how was she supposed to know they had a connection? Last she recalled there were only five other brothers, the twins being the youngest, and Lili who was no longer around. She almost bumped into his back as he paused in front of a door, the only thing saving her from doing so was her body reacting on autopilot.

Blinking out of her thoughts she gave him a small timid smile as he glanced over his shoulder at her, opening a door. Entering the room he moved to the side to allow her entrance, her eyes widening at the greeny that lived in the room, there was a living breathing tree along the back wall, a canopy of leaves arching over a large bed, once again far to large for just one or even two people, to the left of the bed sat a desk and a bookcase. To the right was a dresser and what appeared to be closet doors. Beyond those was a door that no doubt led to a private bathroom and she felt her heart flutter at the thought of a nice long bubble bath!

She jumped as the door closed itself behind her, magic her mind whispered to her, she flushed as Lucifer crowded her again the door, trapping her between it and himself as he leaned down over her, his arm bracing his weight as he leaned down to stare at her, emotions swirling in his eyes.

Embarrassment.

Anger.

Hurt.

Curiosity.

She quickly looked away, feeling guilty even though she knew deep down she didn't have a reason to.

"Why didn't you mention you had a pact with a demon, let alone with Satan?" His voice was low yet even, not at all hinting at his inner turmoil.

Chewing on her lip she glanced up at him through thick eyelashes, not at all realizing how much more it made the raging emotions inside of him shift and sway.

"W-ell I was a bit preoccupied by everything else being dropped on me in such a short span of time that it slipped my mind...also how was I supposed to know you all knew each other? Last I knew you only had five other brothers and Lili...how was I supposed to know your dad had another son after the war?" Why the God would do so only to damn him to the Devildom was beyond her yet who was she to question him?

At the moment all she wanted to do was give the elder God a piece of her mind!

Lucifer inhaled her scent, holding it in his lungs before letting it out, it was a soothing balm of comfort and it shocked him as much as it intrigued him. He mused he would have to correct her about the origins of Satan later but for now he needed to sniff out exactly how close they were so he could adjust his plans.

"Exactly how close are you two?" He felt dread settle in the pit of his stomach as she turned beet red and refused to look up at him.

Fuck.