Chapter Twenty-Two

Entering the main hallway he could hear his brothers talking, their voices mingling and raising as they tried to talk over each other. At least they had all shown up, the last thing he wanted or would tolerate was having to hunt any of them down. He stepped forward, mentioning for Kagome to stay behind him, out of sight, wanting to brief them first, and honestly he also wanted to calm them down before introducing her.

He wasn't daft, his brood was loud, rowdy, and made rash decisions at the drop of a hat, he didn't want the future queen of the Devildom hurt or scared by them on her first night in their home. It would also allow him to catch any subtle changes in their behaviors once he did introduce her. Wanting to see if they had any recognition of the small female standing behind him.

It wasn't that he doubted her words, he had the fractured memories and feelings himself to prove them truthful. He was just curious if the supposed curse had been laid on his siblings and to what degree. As the personification of pride it wouldn't sit right with him if any of his brothers were able to break through the curse before he was able to.

"Oi, Satan what the hell? What's so important that I have to miss my photo shoot? It's a paying gig!" Leveling his eyes on Mammon he was hard pressed to not let out a small tired sigh, the boy would do anything and he meant anything for grim. He'd have to keep a strict eye on him for fear of him taking and selling photos of Kagome once she was made public news.

Already he made money off of very personal and improper photos of himself and his brothers he knew should any of those appear of Kagome Diavolo would not be pleased it would only cause more drama and conflict when, if his mind whispered, Kagome's status as the future queen of Devildom was made. Many would find it hard to respect a woman whom they had all seen half naked before they even got to know her policies and politics. He could feel the headache from the clean up already.

"Maaaah, they should be taking pictures of me if they want to make money." The feminine voice made his brow twitch. He would also have to keep an eye on Asmo, as the avatar of lust the boy was prone to sleeping with anything and everything and he knew should Asmo set his gaze on Kagome and decide to make her just another notch on his belt Diavolo would not be lienaint. The demon prince was already showing signs of an unhealthy obsession with his wife to be.

He'd rather not have to lock away another brother for the sake of peace.

"Enough, I've gathered you all here to introduce you to our new house guest." He mentioned for Kagome to step forward and she did so, a small watery sniffle as she tried to repress her tears, no doubt emotional from seeing his brothers alive and well after being told they were all dead. He was glad she had such a firm grip on her emotions and wasn't letting them get the better of her, this time.

"Everyone, this is Kagome Higurashi, she is our new transfer student and will be under my protection. I want you to treat her accordingly." He watched as a few of his brothers eyes widened, some having more notable reactions then the others, it was one brother's reaction that made his eyebrows arch.