Chapter 27

Camilo drank in the feeling of every inch of her body he's allowed to venture on, fingers fluttering on her skin —ingraining on his mind every second of it

"You've gotten thinner." He noted, his voice in a small murmur as he rested his head on her shoulder. He felt absolutely drained from crying, being apart from her for so long took a huge toll on his mental state.

"I did?"

"Yeah, and I don't like it. I'd rather have you looking plump than skin and bones." He closed his eyes, nuzzling on her neck once more —his hands resting on the small of her back, drawing little circles ever so often.

"Too much of one thing can be unhealthy."

He knows, he learned.

"I know, but that it doesn't stop me from worrying." He replied, begrudgingly pulling away from her touch. He could feel his heart scream to not let go, yet he did not heed its calls.

He finally got the chance to take a good look at his surroundings, and boy, he was astounded at what he saw, so astounded that he rubbed his eyes a little more just to check if he's hallucinating.

"That's, uh, nice trees I guess?"

Damn, it was a ton of drawings of trees.

"I appreciate it if you don't insult my paintings of trees, thank you very much."

"Hey! I didn't insult them, I infact complemented them." He replied in a matter-of-factly, crossing his arms to further emphasize his point. "The tone of your voice says otherwise."

A small knock on the door interrupted their little banter, to which Camilo groaned upon seeing Ignacio's face —still slightly bruised from their little brawl from before. He claimed to be a ‘battle scar’ to Julieta who insisted on healing the man.

"Camilo, yo."

"Yo."

The Camilo begrudgingly apologized to the man, despite his heart's protests. They were able to clear up any misunderstandings between the two of them and now are in talking terms with each other, but that still doesn't stop each other from throwing half-hearted insults at each other though.

"I know I'm probably interrupting something—"

"Yeah, you did." Camilo butted-in, half-heartedly glaring at the man in the front door

"—but you said I can get the painting by this time..." Ignacio continued through gritted teeth, giving the woman a strained smile. One could almost see the pulsing vein popping out from his neck from irritation.

"Oh, of course, I'll be right back. For now, be on your best behavior you two."

A few waves of silence filled the air around the two, Ignacio is currently looking everywhere but Camilo at the moment as his stare has gotten a tad bit uncomfortable. "Are you trying to intimidate me by your stare? Because I do not feel intimidated by the slightest bit. Infact, I feel more uncomfortable than anything else."