Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Antonio's gift ceremony

"I don't understand why you have to be here," Laticia said towards the boy with a practiced smile on her face.

"Abuela Alma's orders, what you don't want your fiance to be here with you?" Leo said in a mocking tone causing the girl to snort and wrap her arms around her waist playfully.

"I was just kidding, Of course, I wanted you here," Leo rolled her eyes and push her away.

"Don't touch me," 

Laticia playfully hug herself and shivered, clouds raining with snow appeared above her, and the breeze intertwine the pair. "So cold, brrr."

Leo click his tongue in annoyance and carried a vase of flowers, intending to put it beside a pillar. "Don't forget that what's between us is a mere partnership between Sanchez and Madrigal, Eradicate your clinginess." 

Laticia watched as the male left her, "it's not like I want to marry you," She whispered and lightly pout and immediately put a smile when she notice the mushroom she allowed to stay beside her starting to wither.

Leo who heard it paused and decided to continue what he was doing to avoid being noticed by the girl.

'Handsome, Smart, Talented, Popular with the ladies but, (Mirabel) I think My sister wanted more to run away, (Mirabel)'

Leo glance at the girl who is helping with the design and presses his tongue on the corner of his cheek before focusing on his task. 'She might be just pretending to get sympathy and attention, just like always.'

Laticia tries to balance a vase on the top of the mushroom when suddenly the wind picks up. 

"My baby's night has to be perfect and it's not perfect and people are going to be coming and nothing ready, the whole town will be here -" Pepa said and unintentionally creates a tornado as she paces around.

"Pepi, Pepi, Pepita - you're tornadoing the flowers - the flowers!" Felix said,

"Did someone say "flowers?"." Everyone looks up and saw Isabela sitting on a vine.

Isabela descends above Mirabel on a flowering vine and flowers bloom all around her, she looks like an angel. Laticia looks amusedly and snaps her fingers causing applause and whistle to sound.

"Our angel, our angel," Felix said.

"Please, don't clap." Isabela softly said,

 "Thank you," Pepa said and accepted the flowers that the girl handed to her.

"Oh, it's nothing," Isabela said and landed gracefully next to Mirabel. 

The beautiful girl didn't see Mirabela and flips her hair causing her hair to hit Mirabel which cause her to be covered with flowers.

Laticia was amused seeing the tension between them and decided to go back on doing her chores.

"Lati help me find my baby!" Laticia stared at the distressed Pepa and nodded, she saluted causing the mushroom beside her to lightly hop and stand upright.

"Okay, Tita,"

Laticia then immediately went around the first floors, search under the covers of the tables, and look at possible hiding places, and failed to see the boy.

"Antonio? Where are you? here tonio tonio," Laticia called and pause before snickering at what she just said.

Laticia pouted when she didn't hear any footsteps or noises that belongs to her youngest cousin.

The female notice Mirabel talking with Abuela and shrugs her elbows before moving towards the stairs that happen to be near the pair.

Laticia notices her Tita Pepa, walking not far away from her, dark clouds above her.

"Pepa, you have a cloud!" 

"I know, Mamá, but now I can't find Antonio! What do you want from me?!" 

Was the last thing Laticia heard from her Tita Pepa who storms off.

As the time of the ceremony appeared, everyone was cheerfully singing, cheering, lighting fireworks, and holding candles as they make their way towards the Casa Madrigal.

Although the last ceremony didn't go that well, the town is putting their hopes on this night being a success, considering it has been years.

As the crowds arrive at the House, Luisa acted as the valet, taking people's donkeys and moving the donkeys to the "parking area."

Camilo changes sizes so that he can look at each person entering and shake hands with them face-to-face.

Laticia greeted everyone with happy grins while showing off her cute creatures that were cheerfully greeting the guests as well.

Laticia walks in and saw Antonio in the foyer with Pepa, Félix,Camilo, and Dolores. 

"There you are!" Felix happily exclaimed

"Look at you, all grown up -- " Pepa said while tearing up causing a cloud to form and start to rain.

"Pepi, you're gonna get him all wet." Felix softly warned.

Camilo transforms himself into a tiny version of Félix, and mocks her father, aiming to ease the nervousness his brother felt.

"You make-a your Papá proud."

"I don't sound like that."

Laticia giggles and then showed a thumbs up towards her cousin. "You'll do great, tonio. We'll be here for you."

Dolores tilts her head and listens to a sound the rest couldn't hear. "Abuela says... it's time."

Pepa bends down to Antonio, kisses him. "We'll be waiting at your door!"

"Okay, okay, vamo, vamo, vamo--" 

"Okay, okay, Vamo, vamo, vam--" Camilo was interrupted when he was yanked away by his father. "alright I'm done!"

Laticia snickered and was about to follow them when a small hand stops her. The female stared curiously at the scared Antonio and smiled.

"How about you call Mirabel for emotional support yeah? Don't worry if she doesn't come, I'll come with you. yeah?"

Antonio brightens up and nods, Laticia lightly pinches his cheek and smiled genuinely. "Whatever gift you have, or if you failed to have one. You will remain as my most favorite Madrigal."

"Fifty years ago, in our darkest moment, this candle blessed us with a miracle." The pair heard their Abuela say.

Causing Antonio to feel nervous again but grins when he heard what his cousin said, "Really? even if Mirabel is my favorite?"

"Even if Mirabel is your favorite,"

"And the greatest honor of ourfamily has been to use ourblessings to serve this belovedcommunity. Tonight, we cometogether once more like another step into the light... to make us proud."

Laticia then disappeared in front of him when the curtains opened to reveal Antonio.

The girl appeared beside Leo who gaze at her with his forehead slightly furrowed. 

"Imagination is limitless," Laticia whispered mysteriously.