Chapter Three

"You believe someone cursed you to forget something that might have to do with our current situation?" Diavolo's eyebrows were in his hairline, it was rare for the other demon to admit his faults, let alone when it came to his ability to break curses. He was hailed as a master of curses, placing them and breaking them, so for him to admit that someone out there was better than him...it was an odd sentence to hear fall from the other man's lips.

Lucifer grit his teeth, his hands clenching at his side, "I believe so my lord." His words were clipped as he glared at the large wooden desk between them. Not too far away was Barbatos, preparing tea for the both of them, giving them the pretense of privacy.

Clasping his hands in front of him Diavolo sat back in his chair, his gaze on his closest...friend. Truthfully he thought of the other man as much more than that, as family even, and if the tales of old were to be believed they were indeed cousins as their fathers were said to be brothers who had a falling out that split the realms themselves. Yet none were left save for the two who would know the truth and both men were tight lipped.

"Should we consult with Solomon?" Barbatos' low voice made him blink from his thoughts, his gaze turning to his ever faithful butler as he sat down two cups of steaming hot tea. That was a possibility but he knew of the animosity between the two, Solomon was always trying to one up Lucifer and said demon humored it in order to keep the peace.

Ruby red eyes narrowed at the ever smiling butler, his own smile tense. "I would rather not, at least not yet. There's no real proof that this supposed curse has anything to do with our future queen. Have you been able to gather anything else on your end Barbatos?" It was obvious he was trying to change the subject yet none of them made mention of it.

Nodding his head he returned to Diavolo's side, "It seems after some more inquiry Simeon was able to locate some documents with help from Micheal, they should be here by the end of the week." Lucifer felt his eyebrow twitch at the mention of the angel, Micheal, once they had been close but like all things that had changed with the war.

Mood once again foul he picked up his cup of tea and watched as the liquid swirled in the ornate china cup. Of course Micheal would respond to Simeon's injuries and not his own. It was hard to not feel bitter and one upped.

Sensing the mood in the room Diavolo lowered his hands to rest on the ornate desk before him, "I see...so from what we know so far she is human by birth yet spent some time in the celestial realm and had a brief interaction with Satan's Soul Pipers a few years ago. Did Satan elaborate any on what happened?"

Lucifer closed his eyes as he shook his head. "No, just that it was a small blip on his radar, he's not even convinced they are the same woman. He did ask why I was so curious but I kept him out of the loop as there hasn't been an official announcement of your engagement."

Diavolo nodded in thanks, he wanted to keep it between those that needed to know until they had more information at the very least. Said information just didn't seem to exist and if it did it was hidden away by someone who had a very long reach. It was concerning and honestly it was grating on him, just what did this Kagome Higurashi have to hide?