Chapter Two

Lucifer Morningstar could only sigh as he felt the building pressure of a headache bloom between his eyes. Slumping his shoulders he allowed himself to rub the bridge of his nose, feeling safe enough to do so in his own private study. He had been looking and searching for days, trying to find anything and everything about a Kagome Higurashi.

There was barely anything to be found. She was a human, lived in Japan on a shrine with her family until her fifteenth birthday, after that there was nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

He scoured the human records, and had even gone as far as to ask Simeon to look into her and even he had come up with scraps. It seemed she had been in the celestial realm for an undisclosed amount of time but her records had been sealed by none other than his own father and there was no way of getting that information unless it was from the god himself and that wasn't going to happen anytime soon.

Barbatos had little to no luck, only finding mentions of her and an incident involving one of Satan's soul pipers. Said demon was tight lipped about the incident, not only due to his absolute hatred of himself simply for bringing him into existence but also due to the embarrassment of losing a soul to the young woman.

Add in the fact that Barbatos had tried to gleen into the woman's future only to hit a literal brick wall... there were far to many questions and uncertainties surrounding their lords bride to be. It left him feeling uneasy and unsure and he hated that feeling. He prided himself on being able to do anything his lord asked of him and as the personification of pride to be unable to do what his lord had asked of him was not only infuriating but embarrassing.

Grumbling under his breath he grabbed the nearby decanter and poured himself a low ball of demonus, swirling it watching as the amber colored liquid churned in the crystal glass. Just who was this Kagome Higurashi and why the hell did her name seem so damn familiar? It was like grasping as water, he would have a faint lingering feeling of remembrance...only for it to slip away a second later.

Had someone cursed him to forget?

It was entirely plausible, he had many enemies...

His temple throbbed as he closed his eyes, lifting the glass to take a sip of the rich liquid. It burned as it made its way down his throat, warming its way into his chest. It settled in the pit of his stomach, a light flush dusting his cheeks as he poured himself another glass. Would it really help the matter?

No.

Did he care?

No.

Three glasses later had a semi flushed Lucifer leaning back in his chair, his eyes closed and his hair a bit disheveled from running his gloved hands through it. This was almost as infuriating as dealing with Mammon.

He had no idea where he had gone wrong with the boy, nor any of his brothers for that matter. He mused it all went to hell after the celestial war, no pun intended, and the loss of their sister.

Poor sweet Lilith...she had been such a sweet girl, always with Belphie and Beel...where one was the other three were sure to be...wait!

Three!

His eyes shot open as he vaguely heard a bell like laughter, bright blue eyes flashing through his mind's eye.

Who was this third person? He tried to dig deeper, to remember more yet as soon as he had something in mind it faded away. Frowning he glared at his desk, he hated this feeling. Of being kept in the dark...of being on the cusp of remembering something, something important only for it to slip through his fingers.

Cursing he curled his fingers around his glass, not at all noticing that his grip was so strong that it caused fissures to appear in the once smooth glass. His powers were churning right under the surface, coiled up like a cobra ready to strike.

His powers flared like a beacon, making those around him shrink back in fear yet he paid it no mind as he once again tried to recall this mysterious third person he was now fully sure not only existed but was a very integral part of his and his siblings lives at one point.