Chapter 2

‗ ❍ [ This isn't part of the deal ] ¡! ❞
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

The whole day was spend just like yesterday, except Philippines is jolly. Russia on the other hand... he's like a different person. Whenever Philippines go to him or talk to him, he just stare and leave, it's almost as if... he's ignoring her. Russia kept his promise about staying for school. He was just silent and he gave glares that pierce the soul of the victim and weaken their confidence. Philippines is confused about him. She follows Russia everywhere, wanting to chat or just checks up on him.

It was the same thing during class.

It was time for lunch.

"Pip! Are you sure you're not going to come with us? You don't mind us getting rice from you, right?" Indonesia asked filled with sparkles around him. "Mhm, you can have rice. Rice gang will always have to share rice with each other" Philippines said that with an inspiring tone. Indonesia went along with Malaysia and Vietnam, waving goodbye to her. All she did was wave back with her caring smile, which is contagious and made her friends smile back.

Quickly, Philippines looked for Russia and saw him sitting alone the stairs while eating his lunch. She went to him. "Hey, Ruski" Philippines said with joy. Russia looked at her with empty eyes. He nods and continued eating his food. "What's the matter, Ruski? You look sad" Russia clears his throat and faced Philippines. "Nothing. I'm always like this. It's a surprise you still hang around with me, at this time, you should've started avoiding me, and for good" for good? Am I really that annoying and a bother to him? Did I make him hate me? That's what Philippines thought of.

Russia noticed her silence. 'Guess this is it, he won't bother staying with me anymore, he will be safe this way' Russia stands up, attempting to go and mind his business. Philippines suddenly hold Russia's sleeves. "W..wait" That's all she said, looking down the ground. Russia look up the sky and rubs his neck. "Yeah, I know. I'm a Jerk--" before Russia could finish his sentence, Philippines cut him off. "Russia do you hate me? Am I really annoying to you?" Russia sighs, and held her chin to face him. "Look, солнышко(T: Sun—but the kind pet name for lovers) ... I would never hate and think you're annoying... I'm just trying to protect you" Philippines looked at him, with a tint blushed that caught Russia off guard.

He backed off, he faced away. He covered his face, he could feel his face getting warm.

By that, Philippines got confused.

"Stop doing that..." Russia said, as he tries to make him calm.
( T: Stop looking at me like the most irresistible woman I would fall inlove with )

"Wh...whatever I did, I apologies for it... " Philippines softly said, as she sniffs.

"Ah, jeez... you're such a малышка...(T: Little baby ) come here. я не гей... в любом случае, вы все равно не понимаете, о чем я говорю. (T: I'm not gay... anyway, you still don't understand what I'm talking about )" He said those words softly and gently. He hugged her.

Philippines hugged back. "Ruski... kung naiintindihan mo man ang sinasabi ko... gusto ko lang sabihin na... ayaw kitang nakikitang malungkot (T: If you can understand what I say... I just want to say that... I don't want to see you sad )" Philippines said it softly that Russia would like to hear it again. He wants to ask what it means but immediately think that if he asked and Philippines told him, she might also ask what he was saying.