Chapter 12

ACT II : HIBISCUS SUNSETS

Flower fields, hibiscus-colored skies, they bask in complete serenity. Two hearts, one life, enjoyed in a lifetime. They frolic, they mingle, hearts interwined with each other, they refuse to let go.

"Amor, I made you coffee! Just the way you like it!~" He spoke, walking to the woman painting flower beds and orange sunsets, he gave her a loving kiss on the cheek before placing the cup of coffee on the makeshift table next to her, his other hand slither its way to her waist and giving it a gentle squeeze. She leaned into his touch, almost melting into it. It felt so right to be in his arms, she felt so complete, so whole.

"Took you long enough, mi cielo." She replied, reciprocating his affection with a shy kiss on the bottom of his chin, unable to reach his cheek. She still can't get used to the amount of love he selflessly pours to her, it was overwhelming, in a good way of course.

"Keep saying that, or else I'm never making coffee for you again."

"I merely jest, you make such amazing coffee, the best things comes to those who wait after all. I wouldn't mind the wait, as long as you make it."

Leaving a quick kiss on her forehead, he turned to look at what she's drawing. It was her mother's garden, with two figures standing in the middle of it, he was yet to discern who the two figures are, but he could tell the two are making some kind of flower crown.

"It's not finished yet, but it was supposed to be you and I."

Of course it is, it was where the two of them had their first quote on quote "date". And also the place he proposed to her, albeit out of the blue and extremely unprepared.

"Well, it looks beautiful already, mi Luna." He complemented, smiling at the fond memory that flooded through him.

"Would you ever make a better constructive criticism other than 'it's beautiful' or 'so amazing' or even the 'better than da Vinci's'? As much as I absolutely adore the complements you throw at me, I don't feel like I would be improving from it." She told him, nearing him and the canvas she was painting on. Her fingers lightly fluttering on his back before standing next to his side, a meek request for a side hug.

"I don't think I have the ability to do so, amor. Your skills is as amazing as it is already! You're my perfect little moon."

His arm making it's way to her waist, his thumb gently rubbing small circles on her side whilst she leans on his shoulders, basking in his warm inviting touch.

"It is human nature to strive for perfection, to strive to better themselves. Therefore I'd naturally would want to improve in my strengths, or else what else would I be if without my strengths?"

"You'd still be mine, obviously."

"Of course, of course, mi cielo. I am always yours in this life and the next infinite lifetimes that comes after."