Part ninety-five

(Chloe's POV)

"I'm sorry, you have a what?! And you didn't tell me?!" I gapped at Mom.

"You heard me." She said still walking down the street.

"No-no-no. Hold up." I said stepping in front of her, halting her steps. "You have a sister?"

"Well she's not really my sister, but yes." Mom pushed me forward gently.

"And you have a Mom and Dad? I thought your parents were dead?" I asked her knowing this might backfire.

"My mom is dead, but she didn't throw me out like I thought. Alexei and Melina are my parents just like Yelena is my sister." She explained.

"So I have an aunt? And grandparents?" I paused trying to keep up with her. "That's so cool!"

"Technically. Anyways, we need to be going."

"Where are we going?" I asked confused.

"To go meet your family." She smiled.

                              ———————

"Okay, so you used to live in that town in Ohio?"

"Yes."

"And when you were eleven you had to leave and got taken back to the Red Room?"

"Yes."

"Okay. Am I forgetting anything?" I asked.

"Not really. That's it." Mom nodded absentmindedly.

"So how are Alexei and Melina your parents but not?" I asked playing with my hair.

It was weird to have hair this short.

"When I was eight, I was put on assignment with them as their daughter. We were undercover for three years. They were the only people who ever qualified as my Mom and Dad." She explained and I could hear a hint of sadness in her voice but kept her eyes focused on the sky.

"So what happened to your real family?" I asked her not wanting to overstep.

I could tell this was a touchy subject with her. It always was. We had only ever talked about her family a few times but the conversations had never ended well.

I couldn't blame her seeing as how a few years ago that was me.

"They were paid off. My mother tried to find me, but...she must have got too close because they killed her. I don't know about my father or the rest of my family if I had any." Tears pricked my eyes as she told me what we knew.

"I'm sorry, Mom," I said quietly.

"Why? I'm not. I have you, and my family. I have two families actually. One of them's just a bit broken at the moment." She squeezed my hand gently. I sat back in my chair upfront relaxing. I still didn't know exactly where we were going.

Honestly, I didn't even know if she knew where we were going.

"I like your hair. It suits you." Mom said pointing at my hair.

"Thank you." I smiled proudly then laughed. "I ruined the motel bathroom."

"I'm sure you did. Dying red hair brown is not the easiest to do. Did you cut it yourself too?"

"Yeah. It's not as nice as I wanted it, but I like it. I haven't had hair this short in a long time." I told her running a hand through my hair.

"Have you never cut your hair before?" Mom eyed me.

"Nope. Growing up they only cut the boys hair. You can make long hair look nice on girls but not as much on boys." I told her looking out at the clouds in front of me.

It was silent for a while before either of us spoke again. "So where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see when we get there." Mom said.

"Well, that's not vague at all." I rolled my eyes sarcastically.

"Why don't you take a rest? I'm sure you're tired." She offered.

"You're not gonna disappear while I'm asleep?" I asked sounding like a little kid.

"I'll be right here when you wake up." She smiled softly.

I nodded before getting comfortable in the chair. "Je t'aime," I mumbled already half-asleep.

————————

I was awoken by the sound of metal scraping. I rubbed my eyes tiredly as I looked for Mom. She stood at the other end of the jet lowering the ramp. I turned back to look out the window and saw green.

Literally, all I could see was green.

"Uh...Mom?"

"What?"

"Where...are we?"

"Ireland." I looked back out at the ground.

Yes, that makes perfect sense.

"Okay...but why?" I jumped when I noticed her standing right next to me.

"Do you want to meet my family or not?" She raised her eyebrow in question.

————————

The building Mom took me to was worn down, but big. The outside looked like a warehouse that hadn't been taken care of in years, but once I got inside I was amazed. The inside almost looked like a church. Big ceilings, some pillars, but what surprised me most was the group of women sitting around the room.

They all looked at us before a woman with braids and dark skin said something I didn't understand. Mom pushed me forward gently until we were standing in front of them. I stood there uncomfortable for a minute while they all looked at me.

At least it felt like they were all looking at me.

"Is Yelena here?" Mom asked the woman.

"Only if you brought me something." A voice said from behind us.

"Yelena. Mom hugged the blonde woman in front of us with a smile. "I brought a surprise." Mom gestured at me.

I waved hesitantly. "Hi,"

"Is that her?" Yelena asked. She had a Russian accent and I imagined that was what Mom would sound like.

"Uh-huh," Mom smirked.

"I'm Yelena. It's very nice to meet you, Chloe." Yelena held her hand out and I shook it.

"I'm gonna be honest, I didn't even know you existed until a few hours ago," I admitted.

"That's alright. I didn't know you were even possible until a few weeks ago, so don't feel too bad." I must have looked very confused because next, she said something I didn't need to know. "You do know that we don't have uterus', right?"

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Oh, she didn't know?" Yelena asked looking back at Mom.

Mom simply held her face in her hand. "No. No, she didn't Yelena."

Hey, I updated! *Celebratory noises* I love Yelena so much! Get ready for some wholesome family time with the 'Romanoff's'. I'm actually really excited for the next chapter because it's gonna be so cute and wholesome.

Anyways, tell me what you thought, vote, comment, all that fun stuff you guys do. Hopefully, I'll get the next chapter out soon, but until then, bye!