We Don't Talk About Bruno

When they got to the nursery Mirabel handed her bag over to Abbi. Emptying the shards next to the sewing machine, the brunette started putting them together again. Mira stood by her, an anxious look on her face.

"Why am I in your vision, Bruno?"

Thunder rumbled, making the two friends jump. Turning around they saw Pepa standing in the doorway with a box in her hands and a cloud above her head. Abbi quickly held the shards behind her back.

"Tia! Jeez." The girls let out relieved sighs.

"Sorry. Sorry, I didn't mean to......" The ginger woman noticed the cloud and started pushing it out the door. "Shoo, shoo, shoo!" Finally succeeding, she slammed the door shut and strolled farther into the room. "I just wanted to get the last of Tonito's things and then I heard the name we do not speak."

Another cloud appeared. "Great. Now I'm thundering, and that thunder will lead to a drizzle and a drizzle will lead to a sprinkle........"

"Señora Pepa, I-I could get you something. If you......uh.........need anything."

She smiled at the young girl. Her son has had his heart set on this sunflower for a long time. Always ready to help, putting others before herself. Always so sad. It was time that stopped. "Thank you, Girasol. A few deep breaths should do the trick." Inhaling and exhaling she spoke mostly to herself, "Clear skies, clear skies." The cloud dissipated.

"Tia Pepa?" Mira was cautious. "If Bru......" A cloud appeared over her aunts head. ".......If he had a vision about someone, what would it mean for them?"

"We don't talk about Bruno." Her voice was stern as she rang water from some of Antonio's clothes.

"I know. It's just hypothetically, if he saw you......"

"Mirabel, please, we need to get ready for the Guzmans." She waved her cloud away. Focusing instead on gathering more things.

"We just wanna know if it was generally positive or, like, less positive....."

"IT WAS A NIGHTMARE!" All three women jumped as Pepa's husband rushed through the door. Abbi was also reminded of a certain hazel-eyed boy who also had a flair for dramatics.

"Felix!"

"Hey, they need to know, Pepi. They need to know."

"We don't talk about Bruno!" She put a finger in his face trying to silence him. He was determined though.

"He would see something terrible. And then......." ticking sounds were made as Pepa looked more annoyed by the second. "Boom! It would happen."

"We don't talk about Bruno!"

"What if you didn't understand what he saw?" asked Abbi.

"Then you'd better figure it out, because it was coming for you!" Felix gently grabbed the girl by her shoulders and shook her. Pepa pulled the two apart and waved her finger in her husbands face again.

P-'We don't talk about Bruno-no-no-no. We don't talk about Bruno.' Felix placed his arm around her waist like they were going to dance. 'But it was my wedding day.'

F-'It was our wedding day.'

P-'We were getting ready and there wasn't a cloud in the sky.' They could practically see what was happening as Pepa and Felix told their story. Like they were a part of it.

F-'No clouds aloud in the sky.'

P-'Bruno walks in width a mischievous grin.....' A figure cloaked in a large green ruana put the tips of their fingers together like they where scheming. It made Abigail and Mirabel a bit nervous.