Valentine Special 2022

(Follow up to 'Valentine Special')

Nishikata woke up to the wonderfully sweet smell coming from the kitchen.

"Waffles...?" He murmured under his breath.

He sat up and rubbed his eyes, as his mind slowly comprehended the surrounding.

A double bed with bookshelves on both sides and lamps on top. The sunlight had snuck through the French window on his right and its curtains, hinting at the sunny weather outside. He looked to the side. The spot beside him was empty, leaving behind a subtle mess.

Suddenly, the bedroom door opened. Takagi came in with a plate in her hand, and on the plate were indeed, waffles.

"Good morning, Nishikata." She greeted as she put the plate down on top of the drawer. "Wait a second, and don't move."

Then she left.

"What is she doing...?" Nishikata mind wasn't fully awake just yet.

Not ten seconds later, Takagi came back with a wooden bed table.

"Tada~!" She gave him a big smile. "I made you breakfast in bed!"

Nishikata had finally woken up, yet he was immediately broken again once he understood the situation.

"Uh..." His face turned bright red. "You don't have to do this..."

"It's a present." Takagi said as she set everything up. "Happy Valentine's day and our one year anniversary, Nishikata."

"Thank you..." Nishikata was speechless. He stared at the waffles in front of him and his mouth quickly started to water. The waffles looked like they were cooked to perfection. With the whipping cream on top and colorful fruits like kiwis and peaches decorating the plate, it couldn't be more appetizing.

"Please enjoy!" Takagi smiled. "Don't dirty the bed~"

Nishikata blushed as he took a bite, then his eyes lit up.

"Wis is show goo(This is so good)!"

"Don't speak with your mouth full, Nishikata!" Takagi chuckled.

As Nishikata continued to be lost in the sweetness, he eventually noticed Takagi looking at him the whole time.

"Is... is there something on my face?" He swallowed the food in his mouth and asked.

"Nothing~ Just looking at you eat." She grinned. "Out of all your priceless expressions, your face of happiness is my favorite."

Nishikata cheeks was took over by a flush of red.

"I'm not teasing you." Takagi added. "You should know that by now."

"It's still embarrassing..." Nishikata looked away while putting another piece into his mouth.

Takagi replied with a smile.

"Hurry up and finish the breakfast." She said as she got up and left the room. "You still have to work today."

......

"I'm off to work!" Nishikata announced.

"Have a nice day~" Takagi said as she handed him his sling bag. "Have you been promoted to an official PE teacher yet?"

"They said they're not sure yet." Nishikata had a big sigh. "It can take any where between a week and three months..."

"Is that so... Well, you best get going." She smiled. "Goodbye kiss?"

"I'll pass..." Nishikata blushed intensely. "It's kind of embarrassing..."

"What a shame~" Takagi chuckled a bit as she waved him goodbye. "Come back earlier today! I'll be making your favorites! Also, remember, don't buy me gifts."